Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks - Day 2 - Chillax




Good Morning Everyone!

 Welcome to the second day of  peeks of Taylor’s latest set called Chillax - which will be available tomorrow!! I just love the name of the set and love the coo sentiments and drink images that come with them. I couldn't wait to use the sentiment: if life gives you lemons make lemonade and I couldn’t wait to use the phrase: If life gives you limes, make margaritas!” – so I put those two sentiments together on this card and added some crystal effects for more of a glass look:

I used some frosted stickles to create a "margarita salt" look to the rim of the glass and also used a mix of papers from my stash - the cardstock and ribbon are from Taylored Expressions.

I couldn't resist and made another card using one of my fave images from this set – a cute little blender – so sweet! There are SO many possibilities with this blender but for this card I made a You're So Smooth card with a blender making some fun orange smoothies. 

I paper pieced the little smoothie cups and the blender with a mix of papers and added some bling and crystal effects. I also made an orange smoothie and used a little shot glass with a stem and created a little umbrella for it from papers in the card (1 3/4 punch with a bamboo skewer).

And there's one more little thing that I made using this set - and here is a sneak peek of it:

The rest of it can be found on the Stamp a Sweet Impression blog - and so please hop on over there and check it out - and let me know if you liked it :) 

Also please check out the Chillaxin' samples from the rest of the awesome Baker's Dozen:

Donna Baker
Jodi Collins
Jen del Muro
Dawn Easton
Laura Fredrickson
Karen Giron
Charmaine Ikach
Denise Marzec
Karen Motz

Laurie Schmidlin
Ana Wohlfahrt

and of course: Taylor VanBruggen

Thanks so much for visiting my little ole blog!

Come back tomorrow on release day to celebrate with some more samples from these awesome two new sets!!!!

Hope you are able to Chillax today!!!

Hugs :)

Sankari :)

18 comments:

Taylor said...

Love, love, love it!! I love how you get into the whole theme of it with the cute umbrella embellishment to go with your yummy cards! So clever to put both the lemons and limes sentiments together on the same card! And I love your favor on the SASI blog too! Total cuteness!!

Jami said...

Girl! Wow! I mean really WOW!

Karen Giron said...

Ok, if you're making smoothies while you're stamping, I'm coming over! These are SO cute! Loving your little peeks everyday and I can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow!

Donna Baker said...

coolness! WOW-I LOVE all your little details (I know I say that a LOT, but I mean it!) everything just matches and comes out fabulous when you put your magic to it!

Donna Baker said...

oh I forgot to mention, the umbrellas are too cute!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! Wonderful, Sankari!

Ann said...

Oh my word, I think I'm gonna have to get this set! Chillax?! LOVE that! Those images are adorable--I'm a sucker for any kind of fruity, summery stamp!

Jodi Collins said...

You are too flippin' fantastical...I cannot even stand it! Every bit of this is pure Sankari Sunshine! LOVE LOVE LOVE it all! Off to the SASI to check out your project!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE the sparkly salt on the glass on the first card, and all the orange sparkle on the second looks SOOOO YUMMY! Awesome job again, girlie!

Leonie said...

Goodness grecious, these are just gorgeous! Loving those sentiments too!

Karen Motz said...

Wow Sankari!!! LOVE the blender card with all the bling and the pretty colours, and your little drink umbrellas are TOO cute!!! Ok...off to see what you've got on the SASI blog!

scubasubie said...

All I can say is YUMMY!!! Love the margarita saying (so true)! Great colors also.

Radha said...

OMG EVERY time I look at your work ... it is stunning!
Please bring me my some:)

Dawn Easton said...

Sankari, each month I am always amazed at all your creativity that comes with each new project!~ You are amazing!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Total and utter amazement! Love all the detail the fabulous props, and the little umbrella! You know I love all beverages with umbrellas! Fabulous Sankari...I'll be over in an hour to sample the umbrella drink!!

Beth Norman said...

Totally stunning work!

Kim Burmeister said...

Shawnie, your cards are AMAZING! You are sooo creative!

Amy Sheffer said...

Knock-your-socks-off gorgeous!!