Friday, August 14, 2009

Delicious Delights!!! Verve Stamps Sneak peeks!!



Good Morning Everyone!!!

Julee Tillman of Poetic Artistry is celebrating the second Anni-VERVE-Sary of her stamp company Verve this month with some yummy stamp sets and I am so excited to be part of the Verve stamps release this month and today I am excited to preview the lovely sets: Cup of Life and Delicious Delights that will be release tonight after the Verve party! (OMGoodness what a seriously long sentence!) Seriously these sets are beyond awesome! 

I used one of Julee's AnniVervesary sketches (AVS203) for my card (you can check out all 5 sketches right here) and wanted to create a fun and whimsy card/gift set. These stamps are SOO cute - I love the tea kettle and those little cups and there are SO many sentiments to choose from that its hard to pick one!
Gift set:  Cup of Life
This card's sentiment is: a cup of life and the sentiment that is stamped onto the teapot is: "all the goodness of life in a cup". The sentiment on the teapot is stamped with Stazon Black ink and it definitely stays on! It is a good idea to go over it with a clear ceramic sealer.

 Here is a closer look at the card: I love the song "Favorite Things from the Sound of Music - where one of the lines from the song is: "bright copper kettles" - so I thought I would make my own bright copper teapot by stamping the teapot image onto a sheet of copper metal and then creating a scallop element that is on the sketch by stamping the teacup stamp in various colors and then adhereing them with dimensionals and a liquid glaze.


Card Details:
Stamps: Cup of Life/Delicious Delights from Verve
Paper: Basic Grey 
Urban Prairie 
Inks: SU! colors: Take with Teal, Garden Green, Creamy Caramel, More Mustart, Rose Red and Stazon Black
Accessories: Copper Metal Sheet from Taylored Expressions, spellbind
ers, bling from K&Company, SU scallop punch, CM circle punches, liquid glase, dimensionals, ribon from stash, scalloped square punch from Paper Shapers, made into photocorners.

Enjoy the Journey Project:

I also wanted to share a little project that I didn't have a chance to share yesteray. This was made for our niece who is heading out to the big world of college in two weeks, using this Sa-weeet! stamp from Verve called Bountiful Backgrounds! I LOVE these background sets that Julee has created - they are fantastic - and so easily turn a piece of cardstock into some fabu right away. 

I used the SCS sketch 241 this week for this card : called Enjoy the Journey! Since our niece is young and hip - I wanted to make something bright and fun:


The BEST part about making this card was copying the sketch and stamps onto a wooden box. I got this wooden box at Michael's and painted it Fire Engine Red with some outdoor craft paint. I stamped the background stamp with Stazon Black and then stamped it onto the box. The spellbinder cut out that I used on my card above - I placed the negative image onto the box and traced it with a fine tip brush with some Black Outdoor patio paint. And then stamped the sentiment the same way I did for the card right onto the box:

I am want to fill the "Enjoy the Journey" box with some yummy treats for her to enjoy her first weeks in college and then afterwards - she can use it for whatever she likes (the inside is also painted red). 

Card Details:
Stamps: Bountiful Backgrounds from Verve
Paper: Red Pepper Linen paper, black cardstock from Archiver's, 
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Bling from Kand Company, EK success punch, spellbinder's die, black glaze pen from Sakura and dimensionals.

Box Details:
Stamps: Bountiful Backgrounds from Verve
Accessories: Box is from Michael's and comes as an untreated wooden box. Fire Engine red patio paint furniture and black patio paint, spellbinder's die cut negative image - traced it with fine tipped brush in black patio paint. 

I am so excited to fill this up with treats and mail it to her! I think the sentiment is SO perfect and at any point in the journey of life - it is so important to make sure that we are enjoying this precious journey!!

Check out the DE-licious Designs from the Verve Divas from this new Delicious Delights and Cup of Life stamp set here and Julee's fabulous blog Poetic Artistry here!

A huge Thank you to Julee and her awesome DT for welcoming the Guest Designers with so much love! Thank you so much ladies!!! 

Make sure to stop in at the Verve Release PARTAAAY tonite at 8PM Eastern Standard time  TONITE!!! It always moves fast and is totally fun!

Thank you so much for stopping by my little corner :) 
Hope you are all Enjoying the Journey!!! 
Hugs and Smiles!!
Sankari :)

13 comments:

Norine said...

just beautiful love the red with matching box
Hugs
Norine

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Always enjoy the journey to your little corner of BLOG world Sankari!!!

This is BEEEAUUTIFUL!!! What a gorgeous gift.

You are FABULOUS.

xx Sarah

Ann said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sankari! Just fabulous!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are just so AWESOME, girl! I LOVE that teapot... and the box and card just totally screams ME! Absolutely fantabulous, Sankari!

Donna Baker said...

WOW! so gorgeous!!! I LOVE the box & card, I'm sure your cousin will adore it. The cup card is amazing with all the shine & bright color

Radha said...

Verves looks so so so soooo gr8!!!
I', missing it all
U enjoy them 4 me too:)
Trying to think how to travel next time with scrap-card making LOL:)

Radha said...

Verves looks so so so soooo gr8!!!
I', missing it all
U enjoy them 4 me too:)
Trying to think how to travel next time with scrap-card making LOL:)

Anonymous said...

Great stuff. Love the box and the matching card. Your neice is going to love it.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super Wow!!! Girl...you are super talented...awesome!!!

quiltedcavalier said...

Your creations are so beautiful and ingenious! Using the scallop square to make the photo corner... how cool is that? Your work is amazing.
~Roberta

Unknown said...

sankari...these are so amazing! i especially love that gorgeous red box! wonderfully done!

Naomi said...

Nice!!! I love that sketch, and more so, I love your take on the sketch! You must have an extensive craft collection with all the different things you always use, it amazes me!!! The red set is also very nice. I LOVE the corners you made with the square scallop punch.

gale said...

Beautiful cards and what a gorgeous box that is!!