Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #47 - Forrest Gump


Good Morning Everyone!!! Its time for another  Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge Blog
where each Saturday we pick a movie from where we create a card from - and today is our 47th Cinema challenge!!! We are getting close to our 50th challenge complete with yummy blog candy and a special and wonderful designer! But first the movie this week is the 1994 Oscar winning movies: Forrest Gump! This movie won 6 Oscars (including: Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Director among othesrs and won 32 other awards! Amazing! The tagline for this movie is: the story of a lifetime - and what an beautiful story it is and such wonderful acting. If you haven't seen this movie yet - its a definite must! The sweet innocence of  Forrest in a time that is not so innocent is simply inspiring....! This week's challenge requirement is to use some brown in your creation - it could be brads, ribbons, cardstock, ink - anything brown (a lot or a little!)!!!

There were so many different cards I wanted to do - but finally I settled on making a card of the relationship between Jenny and Forrest. His steady love for her and absolute devotion to her from the very beginning to the end is simply heart warming - and also when she starts to really the see the person who he is and also when she realizes that she has to wrap up some threads in her life - well - that part always gets me teary (the part towards the very end of the movie.... sigh - I can't write more because I am getting teary eyed already). So for my card - I chose this dialogue between Jenny and Forrest:

Jenny: Why are you so god to me?
Forrest: You're my girl!
Jenny: (pause) I'll always be your girl.

I used the colors from this picture of Jenny:

And here is the card that I made using Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch #88 - 

Card Details:
Paper: green is handmade paper, BG DP, and from stash
Ink: Chocolate CHip from SU!
Accessories: rhinestones, ribbon from stash, circle cutter from CM, stickles.

I loved the process of watching this movie again and feeling like there were so many different kinds of cards that I wanted to make - but I really felt as soon as I heard those lines - I wanted to make that card :) 

Please check out the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge Blog for more details and we can't wait to see what you create!!!

Thanks so much for visiting my little corner of the world :)
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

9 comments:

AUsome mom said...

I couldn't wait to see your card when I saw what the movie was this week. It's gorgeous!! What a beautiful line to take from the movie and create a lovely card. Great job Sankari!

Cassie_lu said...

wonderful job with the challenge.

gale said...

Gorgeous card! I love the sentiment-so sweet.

Radhat said...

Wow!!
Dearest Sankari it is so cute and the line it is sweet:)

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhh, I LOVED that movie...and your card is SUPER adorable!

Traveling Mama said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who couldn't wait to see what you had made for Forest Gump! I hope to find time to play along... cause life is like a box of chocolates...:-)

Naomi said...

I'm getting teary thinking of the scene you mentioned. This is one of the best movies of ALL time! Your creativity astounds me, as always. To pull this amazing card from that line in the movie is amazing.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is sooo pretty Sankari!! I love all the rhinestones on it. Very fitting for Jenny. :)

Ree Donnelly said...

Sankari,
Forrest Gump is probably my all-time fave movie, and I just LOVE your interpretation of it in this card. Such a dimple line, yet such powerful emotions it stirs.
Beautiful job.
I'd love to try one of these challenges. Maybe I will...