Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Holiday Monday :)

Good Monday Morning Everyone!

Its Monday and that means its holiday time! I am so happy to be part of the Christmas Stampin All Year Long blog, where every week we create a card on Monday - each Monday there is a different challenge for your card (so you can always keep it fresh - I don't know about you but it is SO hard for me to make 50 xmas cards that are all the same). This week, Debbie from The Paper Garden challenged us to use this awesome sketch where the bottom portion of the sketch is patterned DP and the top portion is embossed. 

I was cleaning up a few days ago for our guests this weekend and found (or re-found, I should say :)  this Martha paper from last year hidden at the bottom of this pile that was behind another pile :) and was psyched to be able to use it - I LOVE this gum drop paper and thought it would go perfectly with this sweet gingerbread house from Taylored Expressions. 

The top really is embossed (in dotted snowflakes)
 but you can't see it come through because of the light on the picture).

I had so much fun making this card! Its officially August folks - so if you would like to get crafting on some holiday cards - check out the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog and play along - and check out the wonderful holiday merriment that was created by all the wonderful women on the DT for this week's sketch!

Please come back later this morning where I am SO psyched to be able to show you something "berry" special (wink!) 

Hope you had a fantastic weekend!
Thanks for visiting!
hugs!
Sankari :)


Card Details:
Paper: Martha Stewart
Stamps: Gingerbread house is from the Home Sweet Home stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: liquid pearls (5 different colors), spellbinders dies, frosted lace stickles, candy cane stickles, crystal stickles, brad for the door knob, ribbon from stash

10 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Sankari!!!!!! I just want to put my hand through the screen and EAT this all up. Not only does it look delicious, but it is GORGEOUS.

xx SJK

Vladuška said...

This is such a sweet card. When I look at it, I want to take some candy :-). I really like your cards, because they are always full of colors.

Kim Burmeister said...

Shawnie....you are AMAZING! This card is scrumptious. I love your work! The details are FABULOUS!

cnelson said...

This is just the cutest!! I sooooooo love gingerbread houses...fabulous work as always!

Maria said...

Hey Sankari! That dp looks yummy and goes perfectly with the image! I love it. Glad you found it under a pile of piles. LOL! I have the same problem. . .I pile things a lot and wow, it's so fun to discover what's in it.

Your card is gorgeous as always. The gingerbread house is such a lovely image and I just love all the beautiful and fesitive colors of your card!!

Maria

Vicki G said...

WOW!! This is totally totally Stunning!!!!

Ann said...

YUMMY!!!! I am a sugar addict, so this sweet creation just knocks my socks off! That gumdrop paper is TOO much!!!!

Cathy said...

This is so cute Sankari!!I love this paper collection and it's just perfect!! Love it! Hugs, Cathy

Michelle said...

Such a pretty card - I'm a sucker for gingerbread houses. Makes me ready to make one! What a yummy card!!

Patty Chalas said...

Sankari!!!! what a lovely card..... is full of color and It looks so real...
also love the way you take pictures of you work.

Nice, Nice!!