Friday, August 7, 2009

Birthday Wishes


Good Morning Everyone, 

Can ya'll believe its Friday? Seriously? Where did this week go -- (hmm, I think I say that alot because these days are just flying by!!!) I am so thankful for Friday - excited to see some friends, hang out and just veg out and *chillax* ;) !!

 I am so glad that I could play along with the awesome ladies at the Color Throwdown and their Basic Grey "Ambrosia" inspired challenge - I love these colors and I adore the Ambrosia papers so I had to use them in this card. And I 
loved Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch #98 this week -  as always! I also loved the Just Pleat it challenge from SCS this week - so I used it all to create this bday card for a dear friend of mine which is full of birthday wishes!

And here is how it turned out :


I had a lot of fun making my card - especially the pleats - and I fell more in love with BG - yum!

Card Details:
Paper: Basic Grey Ambrosia
Stamps: Verve
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Grey ribbon from stash, bling from Martha, Nesties, K & Co bling, black glaze pen from Sakura

Do you guys have any fun weekend plans? I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!! And also - if you want to play a guessing game - hop on over to the Cinema Saturday blog today (friday) and take a peek at the sneak peeks posted there and see if you can guess the movie for this week's challenge!! 

Thank you SO much for visiting!!!
Big hugs and sunny smiles from the heart!!!
Sankari :)

20 comments:

Ann said...

Awesome card, Sankari! My plans for the weekend include lunch today with hubby at this little diner...the BEST burgers in town! Also wanna see 500 Days of Summer, too.

Broni said...

Big, bright, bold and beautiful, Sankari! I just love it! And I'm so glad you decided to play along with us this week!!

Barbara said...

Fabulous card!!! Love how it's bold and elegant at the same time! Thanks for playing the throwdown!

AUsome mom said...

WOW! Gorgeous, as usual! I love those papers too and I have the butterfly paper. Thanks for giving me inspiration to use it!

SchuCo Designs said...

Beautiful card!! I love it.

Julie Ranae said...

This butterfly paper has certainly been popular for this challenge and I truly love what you have done with yours!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this really packs a punch, Sankari! Very exotic look to it, LOVE those pleats--wasn't that a fun challenge! This was a great sketch too!
Thanks for playing with us this week!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Really neat ribbon detail. Stunning job with the color throughdown challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Anonymous said...

This is da bizomb :)

Kim Burmeister said...

Shawnie, you are simple amazing! I love this card. GORGEOUS!

Karen said...

Now this, I LOVE! Love your saturated colors, the fabulous pleating (I don't think I've seen it done with sheer ribbon before....looks fantastic!), and of course, some great Basic Grey! We're just enjoying some family time as summer is close to wrapping up! Enjoy your downtime! :>

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

More Sankari FABULOUSNESS!!!!! You are sooooooooo very clever. Love this Sankari, it's GORGEOUS.

Chat more soon!!!!

xx SJK

Anonymous said...

Sweet!!!
Love it!
It end up being nice weather!!!
And we did go to the horses!!!
Love u!

Louise F NZ said...

I took one look at this weeks colours and threw my hands in the air! You how ever have totally rocked them! STUNNING as always!

Sylvia said...

Really bright and bold. Great treatment of the ribbon. Thanks for playing along this week.

Elise said...

Your card is so gorgeous: it's like it has it's own source of electricity! WOW! I love it! Apparently, these colors were NOT much of a challenge for YOU! GREAT WORK!

dpkennedy said...

Awesome ribbon treatment! Beautiful card Sankari! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!

Ree Donnelly said...

Sankari, your work is always so stunning & eye catching! Wonderful job... a work of art!!

Naomi said...

GREAT colors, and I LOVE the pleated ribbon down the side!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautiful, Sankari! Love it!