Friday, August 28, 2009

A Bevy of Challenge Cards - well - okay just 4 :)

Good Morning Everyone,

This week has been flying by - I can't even handle it! And speaking of "handling this" - I love the slogan from the Color Throwdown  ladies: Can You Handle this!?! I loved these soft colors that we have for this week's  color challenge- aren't these colors just so sweet! I immediately thought of a baby card ....
and so I made two - one for a boy and one for a girl - one of each just in case I need a quick card - and these were super quick cards - literally 7 minutes each - crazy! I used the sketch that PaperCraftPlanet is featuring this week.
Card Details:
Ink: Bordering Blue from SU! and I forgot what kind of pink from SU!
Accessories: booties from stash, spellbinders, cuttlebug embossing folder, corner rounder, Kaiser,  ribbon from stash

THanks ladies for the fun colors!!! The next color challenge that I did was one that my good friend Diana Gibbs created this week - she has her own color challenge! So I had to play along to support my chickie!!! Here are her fun colors for her Color Challenge #1

And here is my card for her challenge - I made this card using one of my new fave sets from Taylored Expressions: Chillax :) This is made for a good friend of mine who just started a new job and I wanted to give it to her on Friday (today :) - so that she good have a Chillaxin TGIF :)

Card Ingredients:
Ink: Old Olive from SU!
Accessories: liquid glaze, stickles, Kaiser rhinestones, circle cutter from CM, copics

Okay and one more challenge (actually two) - this is for Julee's awesome Mojo Monday sketch 101 and  I also used the Limited Supplies challenge this week over at SCS which was: chocolate paper of some sort, a butterfly, a birthday type card and it was to be a money holder as well - so here is everything:
and here is my card using the Beary Special Stamp set and sentiment from Taylored Expressions - it has a pocket for some moola in the inside (what is so sad is that when I went to take a pic of the card and was looking for some moola - all I could find was a dollar bill! okay - need to go to the bank!)


Card Details:
Paper: SEI papers
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Spellbinders, martha punch, corner rounder, white gel pen, Medows punch from CM, ribbon from stash, stickles

I had so much fun making these cards - the colors and images were so fun to work with and more than anything - I loved having some time to create something - this week has been so hectic and I really am always amazed at how therapeutic it is to craft! (the more stress - the more cards!!! ha!)

Thanks so much for visiting my corner :) Have a go at all these challenges out there! 
Big hugs to all!!!
Sankari :)

PS- Have a chillaxin friday ya'll!!!!

13 comments:

Diana Gibbs said...

I love it, and I love YOU!

Mwah!

Hugs,
Di

Janet said...

They're all beautiful. I love that adorable teddy bear stamp you used!

AUsome mom said...

YUMMY!!! These are all just fantastic, but those baby cards are just the ca..utest!!

Barbara said...

Each and every card is fantastic!!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Sylvia said...

Your cards are lovely as usual. Thanks for playing the Solor Throwdown Challenge.

Meredith said...

These are all just so incredibly cute--I just love your style!

Ann said...

Unbelievable. You just rocked my world! LOVE them all!!!

Happy Friday! :D

Cassie_lu said...

what cute cards, but my fav is the first one - outstanding

Jenn Embry said...

These cards are all fabulous! I can't believe you put those baby cards together so quickly!

Traveling Mama said...

Way to rock the challenges, girlie! Love every one of them!

gale said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the teddy bear card-so cute!!

Cathy Rulli said...

So cute - thanks for playing!

Naomi said...

LOVE the boy/girl cards! The drink card is SO cool! But, I love your card for the Mojo Monday 101 sketch! I did mine last night, and am off tonight to do a couple more challenges!