Monday, August 10, 2009

School Days are almost here!


Good Morning Everyone,

Can I just tell you something so awesome I have been giggling in excitement to myself !!?!!! I am excited to join 2 Sketches 4 You as their newest Design Team member!!! Here's how I feel inside:  :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so honored and grateful to join this team. I have always loved Laura and Kazan's  sketches and I had so much fun participating in the first annual Ultimate Card Showdown that they hosted in celebration of the first birthday of their sketch blog! I love that there is so much room for interpretation of the sketch and how sweet Laura and Kazan are with all of the people who play along! It always feels like a little world family to come and visit their blog every monday morning!!! And more than anything, I am so excited to be able to work with these two fabulous artists and the fantastic Design Team!!! 

This week, Laura has an awesome sketch to play with and the sponser this week is The Cutting Cafe which has an awesome selection of cutting files and templates that you can download and print out or cut out! I used the pencils and sentiment from the School Days printable stamp set and printed out a few of the pencils on different color cardstock and popped out one pencil and glitterized it :) 
Card Details:
Paper: the pencils are printed on colored cardstock from stash, the background paper is from My Mind's Eye (Dotty Dude)
Stamps: Cutting Cafe's School Days Printable stamp set
Ink: printer and Martha gray
Accessories: Ribbon from Martha, Spellbinders, Circle cutters from CM, Bazzil Embroidery thread, K&CO bling, glitter from Martha (Crystal Coarse), Stickles (Cotton Candy, Frosted Lace, Crystal, Orange Peel, button from stash, liquid glaze and dimensionals.

I really enjoyed working with this stamp set - it is totally perfect timing as both the kids are starting school this year and they both have teachers who are new to the school and who both are my friends - so I wanted to make a something for them and can't wait to make another one of these cards so I can have two for the both of them :)

Check out the amazing creations from the fantabulous DT and play along! Can't wait to see your wonderful creations with Laura's sketch!!!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Wishing you a wonderful Monday and a great start to your week!!!

Big Hugs and sunny smiles!!
Sankari :)

26 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous card sankari and huge congrats on joining the 2s4y team!

Sandra MacLean said...

Congratulations Sankari!! I'm thrilled for you! What better way to honor the Ultimate Card Showdown challenge winner! :D

Ann said...

Wooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I just saw this over on 2S4Y, and I had to stop by right away and say a HUGE congrats to you, friend! I LOVE your work, and this card is no exception! You ROCK, girl!!!!!

cnelson said...

I couldn't be more excited that you are on the 2S4Y DT!!! You are so amazingly talented and I always look forward to your work so much! Lovin' those glam pencils on this great card! FABULOUS!

Maria said...

Whoohoo! Congratulations Sankari! Well, it's no wonder you were chosen. . .your cards are just gorgeous. They are lucky to have you on their team! I can't wait to see all the gorgeous cards and projects you'll be creating for them! I don't know how you do it, with work and kids. I could not do what you do. Your card is so stinkin' creative. . .What a fabulous idea you came up with! Your cards are always so fun to look it!!!

Maria

Broni said...

A huge, huge congratulations to you, Sankari! I am just totally excited for you, as well as for Kazan and Laura 'cause they're getting a super-talented DT member!! Oh yeah, and I LOVE your card!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! Awesome card!!!

AUsome mom said...

Doing the happy dance for you!!!! I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see your weekly creations. This one is FANTABULOUS!!

Regina Easter said...

congrats congrats congrats....i can't think of a more deserving person...your work is outstanding....i so love what you did with the school days set..you rock big time...congrats again and i look forward to seeing all your awesome stuff using kazan's and laura's sketches...have a blessed day..hugs

Savitri said...

My girl, congrats!!! You deserve it and you'll be so so fabulous over there!!!! I can't wait to see what you do each and everyday!!!

Kim Sonksen said...

Welcome to the Team Sankari - I am so thrilled that have joined us because your cards are always fantastic!
And your debut is one STUNNER of a card. Wow - I wish I would be the teacher to get this card - it's brilliant

Justine said...

WOW, as a teacher myself, I would totally put this on display in my classroom. What a wonderful "gift". Congratulations, they are very fortunate to have gotten their hands on you my dear. Have fun
I finally got to play on the last sketch and when I went to upload, I had missed the cut off. WHAAAAA. O well, I added it to the Mr. Linky anyway.

Angela said...

Great card, love all the sparkle and color...

Cathy said...

Sankari, this is sooooo cute!!!!! I love the colors and it is just perfect in every way!! My daughter started back today, 4th grade!! They grow so fast (sigh)! Hugs, Cathy

Traveling Mama said...

Woo hoo! Yeah!!!! Congrats!!! Very well deserved, girly! I cannot wait to see your designs! Hugs!

Leonie said...

So cute, I dont know how you keep up with all you do!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, and that is why you are on the team, look at that great card!!!! I can't wait to see all the fun inspirational cards you are going to make.

Louise F NZ said...

Ohhh a glittery giant pencil.... I wish they made those in real life, I would never have to hunt through my drawers again.lol.
Gorgeous card as always and great take on the sketch.

Radha said...

Hello!!
That is supper!!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Doing a BIG happy dance for you here!!!) A position well and truly deserved... Sankari... you truly are BRILLIANT!!!!

Another FANTABULOUS Sankari creation and more to come. Woooo Hoooo!!!!

xx SJK

Jen Tapler said...

BIG BIG congrats girlie!! You have no idea how excited I am about all the super cool stuff that's happening for you lately!!! Way to revel in your good Karma!! :-)

Cassie_lu said...

being a school teacher myself I think this card is perfect for any teacher. great job.

Norine said...

Congrats!!! well deserved
love the card as always
Hugs
Norine

Donna Baker said...

MORE CONGRATULATIONS are in order! wow - this is wonderful news~~they KNOW you ROCK! I LOVE these sparkly pencils

Naomi said...

Look at that!!! That big glittery pencil is great!!! Congrats on making the DT, if anyone deserves it, it is YOU!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Sankari! Love the colors and the pencils. Congrats on being part of 2s2y!