Wednesday, August 26, 2009

You're so Smooth!

Happy Wednesday Everyone,

I canNOT even begin to express the full on school busy-ness that has encompassed each day of this week - from driving back and forth from dr.s appts, filling in a ton of papers, creating checklists and then creating more checklists - and slowly crossing things off - to finally today seeing the little wee ones head off to school - wow! what a week - and its only wednesday!!!

Here is a pic of my two wee ones heading off to school - can't believe my little DD is old enough - how did that happen - feels like she was just learning to crawl the other day! Last night we got them to bed early to get them ready for the big day today so I had a few minutes to scrap - and was so excited - I made two cards with the same materials. One of my fave images from the Chillax set that Taylor's just released is this cute cute blender and smoothie cup! I LOVE how fun the image is and the sentiment" You're so smooth" cracks me up :)

I used Taylor's most recent TECC sketch #79 for this card:

Here is the SCS sketch 243 for this week - and I used what I had lying around from the card above to create the same kind of card but with this week's sketch:

I loved how easy it was to create these cards - I tried to keep everything simple and quick - Here is a picture of both the cards together:

Card Details:
Paper: K&Co Martha Stewart and stash
Ink: Taken with Teal SU!
Accessories: Accordian ribbon from Taylored Expressions, spellbinders, bling Kaiser craft, circle cutters from CM, copics, liquid glaze, corner rounder

I can't wait to make some more - but for right now - my laundry is calling - right now is the time that I SO wish I could wiggle my nose like Genie and all the chores would get done!

I hope you have some time to Chillax today!!!
Thank you so much for visiting my little blog!
Big hugs to all!
Sankari :)


10 comments:

Donna Baker said...

oooh, your cards are so cheerful & FUN! I love 'em - is your daughter in kindergarten or pre-school? adorable picture! I never would think to do a back shot but how precious they are holding hands!

Ann said...

Oooh, these are fab cards, Sankari! Great colors, ribbon, and sparkle!

Hope your little ones had a great first day! :D

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Sankari... you did all that and still managed to create such gorgeous cards!!!!... Look at your two little darlings... aren't they just adorable. How fast they grow up.

Hugs to you.

xx Sarah

gale said...

Those are so cute! Your idea of simple and quick are WAY different than mine though! lol! Your kids are adorable. Your dd with that big huge backpack-so cute.

http://pearltouch.blogspot.com/ said...

you are really my cupcake!!!
So sweet!

Deb S. said...

Sankari these are wonderful! I love how you used the liquid glaze to give the smoothies dimension! What cute little ones you have! Hope they had a great first day!

Traveling Mama said...

Laundry? What's that??? Love your card!! What a cute set!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh how cute!! Off they go!

These cards are so creative! Love the liquid glass on the blender. Hey, I get it now...you are having a party with fun, fruity drinks to celebrate the kids going to school, aren't you??!

Savitri said...

Cute picture and card! My M's in school and I wish I can say things are peachy for her. Goodness! If it doesn't get better I hope after we move (did I tell you we're moving to the UK next year?) that things will be better!

Naomi said...

Oooh,,,,love them both, but my fave is the one with the ribbon! Love these!