Monday, August 24, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You - Laura's sketch #33 - Hi card!


Good Morning Everyone!

Hope your Monday is kicking off to an awesome start! Laura has an awesome sketch for us over at 2 Sketches 4 You and the sponser this week is a really cool company called EAD designs and we got to try some of their Scrapbooking Vinyl Rub Ons - and holy smokes - how cool are these!!! I LOVE how easy they were to transfer onto the card and they come in a TON of colors and different images. I got to try their Cottage Vinyl Rub Ons and I love all the images in this set! 

I picked the tree image and transferred it onto the orange DP and then cut it out and added dimensionals to it to adhere it to the card. I went with some funky-ish colors totally loved playing around with the sketch elements and colors:

Card Details:
Paper: scrap stash (my buddy Siobhan would be so proud! :)
Accessories: EAD Scrapbooking Vinyl rubons: Cottage vinyl rub on, spellbinders, K&Co rhinestones, red embroidery thread, corner rounder, paper piercer, circle cutting system from CM, wave cutter from CM,

I loved playing along with this sketch and hope that you all have a chance to play along! The card of the week from this week's challenge has the chance of being a guest designer for next week! So come on and play along!!! 

Can't wait to see all your lovely creations! Hope you have a happy start to your week! 
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Big hugs!
Sankari :)

19 comments:

anja curvers said...

Beautful, beautiful Sankari love that tree and how clever that you placed it first on orange paper and cut it out.

cnelson said...

such a super cool looking card! loooooooove the jewel tones with the black! your work is amazing!

Ashley Newell said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors that you used!

Kim Sonksen said...

Man...every time you amaze me. This is another stunning card and I love that happy feel you achieved with the bright colours.
LOVE LOVE LOVE it

Tasha said...

Wow hunni this is fantastic!!!! Love your creativity!
Hugs
Tash xxxx

Ramona said...

OmGosh. I had to add you to my favs. Your site is awesome. You are so talented. This card is perfect. LOVE IT!

Radhathijm said...

Can I have this one too?
It is beautiful!!!!
Gorgeous... I'm out of compliments... u the best!

Radha Thijm said...

It is beautiful, it gorgeous, I'm out of compliment !!! U simply the best!

alexandra s.m. said...

GORGEOUS CARD!!
xox

Traveling Mama said...

I have never felt a "holy moly" come out of me more than when I stop by your blog! LOL! You use the most unique colors- LOVE them!! Hope you have an awesome day!

Beth Norman said...

Thud. My jaw dropped to the ground when I opened up my subscription to your blog. OMG this card rocks!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Sankari, you always hit it out of the park! This card is fabulous- such amazing colors, fabulous design, and so many great elements. There's nothing like working with rub-ons that come off so nicely. I love that because there's nothing worse than working with the one's that don't come off nicely, lol.

Ida said...

So vibrant and fun. Love the different elements of this card.

Mari said...

This is so funky and cool - I LOVE IT! :)
Great color combo!

gale said...

Love this card-it's fabulous!! The colors, the stitching-I love everything about it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Another famulous design Sankari... love the colors and that tree. TFS!

Ruby said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Sankar, absolutely gorgeous! :o)

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my Sankari...this is just gorgeous! Those colors are so striking together! And the stitching is just a perfect finishing touch!

Savitri said...

Goodness gracious, girl! This is just wow!!! So stunning!!! You make uberly awesome cards!!