Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #44 - The Thief Lord


Good Morning Everyone, 

And Welcome to another Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge, where we pick a movie and create a card based from it. This week's movie is the 2006 release called the Thief Lord which is based on a German book. I hadn't seen or heard of this movie before and watched it last night. It was very sweet and the touching part of the whole movie to me was the relationship of the two brothers. 

So since this movie is so much about brotherly love and affection and the bonds of friendship etc. - the Challenge Requirement for this week is to make a card for a brother or sister - or - if you don't want to do that or don't have a sibling (like me) to make a card for - you can make a friendship card.

Here is my card and I used my fellow Paper Craft Planet DT member Tammy Hersberger's awesome sketch for this week's PCP Saturday sketch challenge. If you have a chance hop on over to Tammy's blog and give her some love - she is one of the sweetest, nicest people I know! 

You can check out the rest of the gallery for the sketch challenge here! 


Card Details:
Paper: Basic Grey and Bazzil
Ink: Printer
Accessories: eyelet, dew drops, ribbon from stash, spellbinder's die cut.

I had fun making my card - and then I thought its too simple - I should start over again and do something else - but as that point was a few hours ago this morning - I am just going ahead with this card.

I hope you play along - its very very simple! Just a card for a sibling or a friend based on this movie!!! And you could be our next guest designer - just by playing along with this challenge!!! So cmon' and play - you can check out more details at the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog! 

Thanks so much for popping on over here!! 
Big hugs to all!!!
Lots of sunny smiles!
Sankari :)

7 comments:

cnelson said...

gorgeous card! love the sentiment!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Shawnie, YOU are one of the sweetest, nicest people I know! Thanks for the links... mwah! And beautiful card!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I love this! The ribbon is delicious! And I have that BG paper, too...one of my favs!!

I sent you a couple PM's on SCS...we have some changes to the blog group, so when you get a chance, can you PM me back? :) Thanks!!

Leonie said...

Such a fabulous card, I have left a little something for you on my blog!

Kim Burmeister said...

Shawnie, your cards are always GORGEOUS. You are such an inspiration. TFS.

Radha said...

Perfect...

Beauty is in simple-things!
Your card has so much sweet details!
So it has love!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I love hte sentiment. I love visiting your blog. Your cards are so pretty.