I am the hostess this week for the 3D Tuesday Challenge at Paper Craft Planet! YAY!!!! This is a challenge where every Tuesday a different challenge is posted that gets you to go out of the box and make paper crafted projects like boxes, bags or mini books.
So, in honor of spring (which was official last Friday) I thought it would be fun to create a spring wreath to welcome spring and welcome your guests to your house. You can make this wreath with things lying around your house: paper plate, yarn, flowers (punched out from circle punches, scalloped punches and embellished with buttons), ribbon etc.
1. Paper Plate: I would recommend a paper plate that is a little heavier
2. Cut out the center
3. You can either paint it or cover it with something like yarn (I have a door with glass - so I wanted it to look pretty from the back side too).
4. Punch out a lot of shapes from your DP, stash etc.... I used my circle scallop punch, and everything from a 1 1/2 punch on down to 1/2" punch.
5. I used a lot of different colors, and mix and matched sizes and colors together to create flowers.
6. I then embellished the flowers with some buttons, flowers, etc.
7. The leaves were hand cut from some green DP at different sizes and adhered outside and inside the wreath
8. I found that I had to use hot glue to get them to stick
9. The ribbon was tied at the end - but looking back,I think I would have done it in the beginning so that I could space everything out.
10. I also added a little beading at the end (one string of beads) because it looked a little bare - I punched out a little butterfly and added it to the wreath and beaded string (and added a little bling to the butterfly)
Here is another closer look at the wreath :
You can simply go nuts with this project! And I hope you all play!!! All you have to do is to create a wreath and upload it to Paper Craft Planet with the keyword 3d5.!!!
I can't wait to see your projects and creations!!!!
Thank you for visiting my little corner!
Ciao for now!