Friday, March 27, 2009

KW Color Inspriation #47 - Happy Birthday Card (TECC 61)


Happy Friday Everyone,

Are you doing a little TGIF dance? Cause that's what we are doing over here! Look at these yummy colors that Kristina has picked out for her 47th Color Inspiration Challenge! Thispicture is from her friend Adrienne

The colors for this week are Chocolate Chip,Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron and Whisper 
White. I love these colors together - they just feel so rich and yummy - how can it not be yummy with such titles like: chocolate chip, pumpkin pie and so saffron! I really enjoyed making this card it was a lot of fun.

I used Taylor's awesome sketch challenge from her Friday Cupcake Challenge  #61 for inspiration. I flipped the sketch 90 degrees counter clockwise. I also used her newest stamp release set Branching Out. I think this might be one of my fave sets - its just so versatile. I needed to make a Happy Birthday card for someone special.

I love the Basic Grey Ambrosia set of papers ... and used one of the DP to stamp the tree onto and then paper pieced little orange leaves onto the tree for a little contrast. I had fun putting buttons and also Taylor's Tiny Twinkles on the eyes of the owl and on the scalloped edge. 


Here is a side ways view of the card:


Card Details:
Paper: Ambrosia (Basic Grey), Brown metallic cardstock, Orange carstock from trash
Ink: Pumpkin Pie from Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Taylored Expressions: Branching Out stamp set and Branching Out coordinate set
Accessories: Random ribbon, liquid perls, stickles, foam dimensionals, buttons from stas, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles n the scalloped edges and the little owl eyes, corner rounder




I hope you get a chance to play in both challenges! AND you can win a free set of Taylor's Tiny Twinkles - all you have to do is upload your card with Taylor's sketch to Paper Craft Planet with the keyword with the sketch name: TECC61 and your card could be chosen randomly to win these awesome tiny little blingy blings!!! 

Thanks so much for visiting my little corner!!!
Hope all of you are having a wonderful Friday and are doing the Friday happy dance!
Ciao for now,
Sankari :)

48 comments:

Nellie Mae said...

Amazing job, as always!! I love this stamp set...I need a good tree stamp....Thanks for sharing!!

Sylvia said...

Your card is beautiful! But, you always have really nice ones!

Sherri said...

Oh I love your card! I love all the dimension with the leaves, the buttons...I love your scalloped edges - super cute!

Maria said...

Hey Sankari!! Wow, I love the color combo and you did such a fantastic job with the challenge! I really love that image and I have it as a set on my wish list. My wish list is pretty long right now!! LOL!!

Love how you changed the orientation of the layout! It looks pretty in that orientation!

As always, your card is a beauty!!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

Maria

Hayley said...

Stunning card
x

KatieTurtle said...

Such a fab card! I love all of the details!

Anonymous said...

hey Sankari what a fun card you have going on here! I love it, I can't wait to get this set one of these days! Hugs~Donna

Unknown said...

Your card is so beautiful and warm and cozy looking, just like my friend... uh, that would be you, my dear!

scubasubie said...

WOW that card is amazing! Those buttons just look fabulous.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Another fabulous card Sankari!! I love the color combo, the image, how you added the leaves, and the popped up owl...so cute! You do such beautiful, inspiring work :)

Tlbran said...

Cute card! I really love the dimension you added to the tree and that owl is precious.

Rose said...

Love your card! I like how you incorporated the 2 challenges ;)

Naomi said...

Love the buttons on the tree, love the layers! This is great! Of course, if it's yours, it generally is! Very pretty.

Mary Ann S. said...

Beautiful card! I love the dimensional embellishments. I'm so glad I clicked on your name on Kristina's blog.

Kathie Bailey said...

It's a winner Sankari! What a gorgeous card.

Unknown said...

wow! Fabulous card! I love it.

Mary said...

Love this card! The patterned paper for the tree top is great!

Unknown said...

Awesome birthday card!! I love it's color selection and beautiful tree on it!!

CouponAlbum said...

Awesome birthday card!! I love it's color selection and beautiful tree on it!!

Beth said...

What a great card! Soooo nice.

Ann said...

Gorgeous! I love the leaves and buttons!

Winter said...

Very pretty! Top pick for sure! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous!! I love the TE tree with these colors...oh my!!

Kari said...

Gorgeous card! I love the tree! The buttons are a perfect touch!! Love it all!

Regan said...

just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card. You always make the greatest cards. I love the tree and the owl is adorable.

quiltedcavalier said...

I love how you did this card. It is so cute that it's beautiful!

Kathryn said...

STUNNING -- so BEAUTIFUL -- LOVE this card so much!!

~kelly marie~ said...

I love this card. That tree is incredible!

Savitri said...

Just so so LOVELY! The tree is awesome and the colors... ahhh... you made the colors for the challenge more devine!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Wow! Your card is amazing!! Great job and use of color!!!!
Hugs! :)

Brooke S said...

OK!!! I totally love your card. This is my favorite "Taylor" set.. The Owl is just the icing on the cupcake.. Love the colors and layout...
Smooches...
Brooke

wendyp said...

oh my... CUTENESS! Sankari, this is incredible!

Scrap with the soul said...

Very creative. Beautiful.
Thanks for sharing

gale said...

That's beautiful! I love the colors but all the details really made the card come together!

Donna Baker said...

I love your Autumn owl scene! too cute

Heather said...

Great card! I love this stamp set!

Anthonette said...

Hi my dear Sankari! Congrats on Kristina's Top 20! It's so fun to see so many familiar names in the top: Brooke, Savitri, Jen Tapler, and nelliemaeii. Fun. Have a good one!

Stacey Schafer said...

congrats! we made it to the TOP 20!

Angie Tieman said...

Love this!! That is the coolest tree ever! Congrats on the Top 20!

Winter said...

Congrats on top 20! Love your card!

~Lori Roop said...

Congrats on the top 20!! Awesome work!

Deb Rymer said...

Love the tree made with the orange design. Very cool. Congrats on the top 20!

Create Fabulous said...

This is really beautiful - great job on the challenges and congrats on KW's top cards!!

Carol Dunstan said...

jaw-droppingly fabulous!

Joey Delre said...

You know how i feel about owls...

Joey Delre said...

You know how i feel about owls...

Sudha said...

Beautiful work dear.