Monday, March 2, 2009

Lots of Cupcakes and Some Exciting NEWS!!!!


Happy Monday Morning Everyone,

Okay - apology in advance: This is going to be one, big long post! Ged ready!!!

Happy March !!! Just a quick shout out to my highschool buddy Lisa and my dear blogging friend and fellow PaperCraftPlanet DT, Tammy Hersberger of Stamp Happy Tammy - both of whom celebrated their birthdays yesterday! Happy Birthday lovely ladies!!! I have been a slacker in sending out birthday cards - I love making them - but its always hard to go to the Post Office with two kids - it always ends up the same - either one or both of them end up in a puddle of tears on the post office floor... and speaking of March - I suddenly wondered how is it suddenly March - time is just flying by! Speaking of time flying by - are you ready for a Christmas card?!! LOL! I am part of a group called Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, that was started by one of my dear blogger friends Maria Bell of Stampin Inspirations, where we create Christmas cards and projects weekly throughout the year. Maria sends us a sketch or a challenge requirement for the challenge and it is so much fun to not only make a card but see everyone else's beautiful cards! I love doing this because it allows me to avoid the Christmas insanity of making a billion xmas cards just before mailing it out right before xmas.

This week's challenge was a sketch challenge and also a requirement challenge where we were supposed to use at least 3 "eyelets" as the main embellishment - (no ribbons, no brads, no primas, nothing else) with the sketch. I am so happy that this was the challenge - because truth be told - I am not a big eyelets fan - its just so much easier to put a brad through... but after I make a card with an eyelet - I am always like -- hey - I should use these more often! LOL!

Here's Maria's awesome sketch:


And here is my card based on the sketch and challenge requirement (I kept wanting to put ribbon on the card and had to actually resist the impulse a few times to keep within the challenge requirement of only using eyelets for embellishments).

I totally loved every single second of making this card. I had sooo much fun - my DH took the kids out and I cranked my fave mix and stamped away! This stamp set is from Taylored Expressions... and as some of you know - I am in love love love with her stamps - they are just too cute!

This image comes from Taylor's Year of Sweets 3 set and the paper is from her Christmas Key Ingredients. This cute cuppie was stamped with Stazon-Black onto water color paper (thanks to my friend S. who recommend which kinds to buy ;) I painted everything (created a little scene for Cuppie with a wall, table, and a candle on the mantle) and then paper pieced the rest - there are a lot of dimensionals (on the letter to Santa, cookies) for a bit of depth. The sentiment is from the set A Year of Sweet Sentiments. I put the eyelets as hooks for the stockings.

Join the fun by making your Christmas card based on the sketch/requirement challenge and link your blog to the post on the Christmas Stampin All Year Round site, where your card will be also posted in the group's photo album.

So now for some really exciting news - I am just so excited! Seriously - I have been on cloud 9 or cloud 99!!!!! I almost dropped on the floor and fainted when Taylor VanBruggen asked me to join her Baker's Dozen Design Team!!!!!!!!!! I had to pinch myself a few times! I have totally been in love with Taylor's company and her Friday Cupcake sketch challenges and all her cute Cuppie stamps and so it was just a dream come true!!! And I couldn't believe the Design Team that she has assembled - these ladies do amazing work and I am so honored to be part of this wonderful company and team!!! Thank you so much Taylor!! (I still have to pinch myself!!!) Please check out all the members of the Baker's Dozen Design Team here.

Taylor is releasing her newest stamp sets this week! And trust me they are just tooooo cute!!! Tuesday starts our preview fiesta where all the ladies on the Design Team will be showing some sneak peeks from the new release!!!

I wanted to show some more of her cute cute cute cupcake stamps and realized that I haven't yet posted all the cupcake cards that I made for her one year anniversary where she had a challenge for us to do 9 sketches - so I thought I would post them here. The funny thing is that I was trying to get them done before the deadline in January - but the deadline was the day that we were to leave for Florida - but did I pack instead of stamping? No way! Not when there are cutie cupcakes involved!!! LOL! I got it done just in the deadline - and then went off to hurriedly pack! In the middle of travelling and vacationing - I didn't post these - so here are my 9 cuppie inspired cards - you can read more about Taylor's One year Celebration of the Friday Cupcake Challenge here.




These two cards below I have already previously posted - but I thought I would keep all 9 together -so here they are again :). This one I already posted here and it is from Taylor's Friday Cupcake challenge #52.

This little guy I aready posted here using Vickie Chrisman - but had to post him again :)


Are you hungry for a cucpake yet? I totally am! Nothing like a cupcake and chai for breakfast --- now, all I have to do is get out of my pajamas and make some!

Thank you so much Taylor for this awesome opportunity! Please check out her awesome company Tayored Expressions and her simply sweet blog and check out all the awesome ladies in the Baker's Design Team!

Thank you all so much for visiting my little corner in the cyber world - I am so happy to be blogging again (after almost a month of being away from home) and its so great to meet so many new friends and catch up with all my awesome blogging friends!! Thank you all for always inspiring me!!!!

Cupcake hugs and sunshiney smiles :)
Sankari :)

33 comments:

Brooke S said...

Congrats!!! You will be the cutest cupcake ever! Can't wait to se what you come up with... How in the heck did you find the time to get all these cards done.. Are you even sleeping... Good luck with the next few week of teaching and stampin.... YOU ROCK!!!

Hugs
Brooke

Donna Baker said...

congratulations, beautiful! I am thrilled to work alongside you in this venture!

Taylor said...

Super sweet, Sankari! All of your cards are so pretty.. I'm glad you shared all of them with us! So happy to have you on board... can't wait for tomorrow!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Congrats Sankari! What an amazing line up of TE cards! I'm looking forward to working with you over the next 6 months!

Jodi Collins said...

Congratulations Sankari! Your work is just BEAUTIFUL and I look forward to working with you and getting to know you better on the Baker's Dozen!! Hugs!

Dawn Easton said...

Sankari!!! How exciting to be on this DT with you! I adore all your cards,they are so thought out and the details are amazing!

Elizabeth said...

Hey Sankari, congrats on being on Taylor's DT!

Karen Motz said...

Wow Sankari...sooooo much eye candy today. Your cards are all super adorable! Congrats on joining the Baker's Dozen...I'm looking forward to baking with you for the next 6 months. :)

Denise Marzec said...

HUUUUUGE CONGRATS, Sankari! These cards are gorgeous and I can't wait to *work* with you on the DT! :)

Unknown said...

HOLY Cupcakes Sankari!! :) Huge congrats on the new team!! I always love seeing your creations and how totally exciting!!

wendyp said...

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you girlie! Congratulations!

Regan said...

OMG so happy for you girl!!!

inlovestamping said...

Great Cards!!!!!

Carol Dunstan said...

congrats on the DT spot!

Karen Giron said...

Holy cow, girl!! These cards are incredible!! Congrats on your new endeavor and I can't wait to see what you create this week - what an honor to work with you on the Baker's Dozen!

Alyssa S said...

Congratulations my friend! You will be wonderful and bring your own unique style to the team! :o) ~lyss

Savitri said...

Awesome awesome cards!!! You deserve it, girlie! So happy for you!!!! Taylor VB has no idea who I am (I've never participated, lol) but if she ever ask me, I'd punch myself too ha ha :)

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Oh WOW Sankari!!! Congratulations. I can't wait to see all your wonderful creations. You totally deserve your new design position.

Big Hugs
Sarah
xxx

The Mama Monkey said...

Yippee Sankari!! Wonderful news for you!!

I loved all of the cards you posted, no surprise there!! I just love the green/brown/pink color combo! What gorgeous papers! Then I was just admiring your fiber choices! Just gorgeous!

Tina said...

WOW - you have been busy - all the cards are amazing. Great job. and congrats -

Maria said...

Wow! That's a lot of cards and all of them are GORGEOUS!! Where do I start. . .well, first of all. . .CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you Sankari!! I remember not too long ago, you told me about starting your blog and look where you are now! So awesome!! Well, it's a no brainer as to why you were chosen. . ALL your work is over the top gorgeous!!

My goodness, those cupcakes on your cards are so yummy and your design on each card are so unique and pretty.

I'm so glad you are part of my Christmas blog site. I just love your card for the challenge. . .the textured cardstock is fabulous and just love what you did with the sketch!! Everything about it is GORGEOUS!!

Can't wait to see your fabulous cupcake cards and more of your Christmas cards!!

Maria

Tlbran said...

Cute cards! Congratulations.

Vicki G said...

Your Christmas card is Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Congrats on your DT assignment, it is well deserved!!!

You do Beautiful work!


Vicki

Smita said...

Congrats Sankari!!!! I am sure you are going to do the team and your fans (like me!) proud!! :-D

Hugs,
Smita.

Carolina said...

Huge Congrats!!! I was so excited to see your new on Taylor's blog...so well deserved and I know you'll be an amazing additon to her DT! Hope you have a blast. Hugs & Smiles!

Anthonette said...

CONGRATS, my dear Sankari!!!! I just read the news. I'm very happy for you. You are a perfect fit for the Bakers Dozen. I look forward to seeing your creations.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sankari, you're such a sweetie! Thanks for the birthday wishes! All your cupcake cards are adorable and I'm so happy you get to show off your AWE-mazing work on Taylor's team!

thescrapmaster said...

CONGRATS! You are so talented that it doesn't surprise me at all that she loved your work. Way to go!

Heather said...

Beautiful cards! Congrats!

Michelle said...

Your card for the christmas blog is awesome. I love how you used eyelets to hang the stocking on the mantle. And I know what you mean I kept trying to put ribbon on my card!! It was definitely a challenge.

Your other cards are so awesome as well!

CathyRose said...

Amazing, Sankari! Beautiful work!

gale said...

Those all look wonderful!! And yes I'm in the mood for cupcakes now. lol

Jen said...

Congrats, Sankari! You are so deserving of this opportunity! I love all of the "cuppie" cards. I think the Christmas one is my fave!
Smiles,
Jen