Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #22 - Singing in the Rain



Good Morning Everyone,

Are you all experiencign any spring weather yet? If not, don't despair, here is an absolute fun-tabulous movie that will totally put the spring in your steps and have you dancing in no time.!
Every week, Brooke and I do the Cinema Saturday challenge, where have fun picking a movie from which to draw inspiration from which to draw inspiration from in making a card, LO or scrapbook page. This week's movie choice is Singing in the Rain!

I am just in love with the dance moves and the absolute delight that Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds and Donald O'Connor bring to the screen! I had a smile on my face the whole time - I loved the comedic lines, the songs, the dances, the outfits and the colors! What a great movie!!!

My favorite song is the last one entitled "Lucky Star" - one of the lines from this song reads:"You are my lucky Star" So that is what I used as my starting point for the card. You can WATCH the song right here. I just loved the sweetness and softness of this song - and so I made a card inspired by this song - but used the colors in the title dance song Singing in the Rain.The requirement this week was to use the water element into your card.


I used Kazan's beautiful sketch #21 - I seriously am amazed by the creations that Laura and Kazan create each week and also the beautiful creations of their awesome Design Team - please check out their awesome sketch challenge blog and join in on the fun! I rotated Kazan's sketch 90 degrees clockwise - and in the center stamped: You are my lucky star - which is a line from the last song of the movie.

Card Details:
Paper: All paper from the Paper Company - I used some opalescent gift wrap paper over one sheet to give the watery illusion...
Ink: Taken with Teal SU!
Accessories: Creative Memories Star punch, Liquid Pearls, corner rounder, Stardust stickles

My daughter was not feeling well last night - and I don't think I slept more than an hour... I stole away this morning to quickly make my card -- and interestingly enough - it has been raining - can you see the drops on the window? It totally made me want to go out and sing in the rain - except that its freezing :)

Hope you play along with us - you can check out more details at our Cinema Saturday blog.

Lots of sunny hugs,
Sankari

PS - Here is some interesting trivia from IMdB - did you know that Gene Kelly had a 103 degree fever when he danced to the song Singing in the Rain? He insited upon one take - and that was all that it took! The rain in the The Singing in the Rain dance/ scene was a mix of water and milk - so that it would show up better on the screen (although it caused Gene Kelly's wool coat to shrink in the process! You can read more of these trivia points here - and if you haven't seen this movie yet - the mastery, the spunk, the dance - is a complete delight - and is sure to bring a smile to your faces!!!

9 comments:

Regan said...

such a pretty card girl!!

love your trivia too!

Carol Dunstan said...

Love what you have done with this Sankari :)

Unknown said...

You know how much we love you and the gorgeous cards you do for our sketches - this one is no exception either - those stars are especially cute!
Hugs
Kazan

Annika said...

You card is perfect, seriously!

And looking out of the window - I could go out and sing in the rain too. Only I'd get a pneumonia to go with bemused neighbours! :D

The Mama Monkey said...

You are so funny! LOL I agree, too cold to dance in the rain here as well!

This is so beautiful! I love the sparkle in the backgroud (the rain) and the liquid pearls. You know, I never use mine. I think I am scared to. After reading your tutorial maybe I need to pull them out and be daring! Although I am a little afraid you might need to be as good as Sankari to pull it off! ;)

Savitri said...

Oh WOW! Love how you used the sketch and your movie challenge. So so awesome, girl!!!!!

Naomi said...

Great take on this challenge. It's just beautiful. Love all of the elements, texture, colors, and layers. Very nice.

Tlbran said...

Great card! I love this movie and your card is so beautiful.

Heather said...

Great card! I love all the deatail you put into your cards! They are amazing!