Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #23 - Waking Ned Devine

Good Morning Everyone, 

Or should I say, Top of the Morning to ya!!! This week, in honor of St. Patty's day coming up, Brooke and I picked the movie Waking Ned Devine as our Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge movie pick. This is such a great little comedy!!! We also have the required element for the challenge - to go a little or a lot green in the card!

First of all, I just LOVE this movie (and I canNOT believe that it was released almost 11 years ago? where did the time fly?) I love the comedy in this movie and just love the town coming togeher... also love the little love story too... I have to admit that I had a slight crush on James Nesbitt :) I love it at the end when they toast to Ned ... what an amazing amazing shot!!!! I hope all of you have a chance to see this movie - sooo thrilled that Brooke found it on Hulu!! YOU CAN WATCH THE WHOLE MOVIE RIGHT HERE (FOR FREE!!!) (And if you haven't heard of hulu.com --- you have to check it out - what an awesome site!!! And second of all, I LOVE green -- its my favorite color, so I decided to go almost all green! I used the sketch created by my good buddy Tammy Hersberger for the Saturday Sketch over at Paper Craft Planet - love this sketch!

Well - my card is an anniversary card for my dear friend Brooke and her husband Regan, whose anniversary is tomorrow!! YAY!!! 

Congrats on 18 you guys! I have been meaning to make a card all week and mail it out to them... but that just did not happen... in trying to figure out a card for this movie - I had an aha! moment... to make a card using the lottery theme!! So I used the date from their wedding to kind of look like lottery numbers/ coin slot machine and then stamped the sentiment: lucky day underneath. The inside of the card is also decorated with the same color motif and also I stamped the sentiment Happy Anniversary

Brooke and her husband are just soooo cute!! I have so enjoyed getting to talk to both of them on the phone - Reagan has the best hellos! He always makes me feel so welcome and always cracks me up too! He simply adores Brooke, I remember I called one time when they were getting ready to go out and Brooke was getting dressed... and Reagan said something like.. She is putting on her make up, although she doesn't need any - she is just perfect as she is..... awwww!!! And you all know how much I adore Brooke - she is just the sweetest!!! They are just soooo cute together on the phone and I can't wait to meet both of them someday soon!!!  Happy Anniversary you two love birds!!!

You can check out Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog for more details!
Sunny Hugs from Iowa,
Sankari 

PS - okay sunny hugs from the heart - because its pretty overcast right now :)

14 comments:

Sherri said...

Super cute card!! I've missed your blog (been sick) and wow have you been busy - so many adorable new projects!

Unknown said...

You always have the most creative cards! Thanks so much for the kind words on my blog! I am doing better now!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my goodness! A slot machine! You are too creative! I love it and surely they will as well!

Justine said...

Love this!!! So bright and fun

Laurie said...

Yay! I'm so happy you liked my Singin' In the Rain collage - should I just copy the Audrey off your site if I want to post it on my blog? Thank you so much! (I am the world's biggest Audrey Hepburn fan so that makes it extra special for me!)

Smita said...

I am sure Brooke is in love with your card! :-) This is by far, my most favorite card on your blog, Sankari. Very very pretty.

Love,
Smita.

Louise F NZ said...

ULTRA AWESOME!!!! love it and the colours are fab!

Anonymous said...

Cute card. Very creative anniversary card. I love how you put the wedding date on the front.

wendyp said...

oh, how pretty and creative!!!

Linda Crowder said...

Thanks so much for the links especially the one to HuLu TV as I did not know about it and I don't own a TV. I use Netflix a lot and it is great because it streams into your pc and you can watch movies all day and night plus get one in your mailbox at a time for $8.99. If you like movies, give Netflix a try too, but I think Hulu is the Cat's Meow. I love your card, too. Thanks for sharing all!

gale said...

Amazing card! It turned out great! I love that movie too-it is hilarious and so cute (other than the bootie shots. lol)

Heather said...

Great card! So creative.

thescrapmaster said...

Your card is so cute!!!

Carol Dunstan said...

very clever - and it's turned out great!