Saturday, March 7, 2009

KW Color Inspriation #44 - A Chocolate Friendship


Good Morning Everyone,

I am so happy that to be able to do Kristina Werner's color challenge today! I haven't been able to play along in the last ones because of work.

I just absolutely LOVEd these colors that she picked for her inspiration and I totally LOVE the picture behind her inspiration (she took i from a children's store) - so sweet!

As soon as I saw that chocolate chip was on of the colors for this week, I had to make a card with chocolate! I used Lori Techler's awesome sketch for this week's sketch challenge over at Paper Craft Planet:

Card Details: Paper: Pink Cardstock from stash, DP from Easter Key Ingredients at Taylored Expressions.
Ink: Martha Brown
Stamps: Sweet N Sassy Stamps
Accessories: Marvy Heart punch, dimensionals, Ribbon from Taylored Expressions, Corner rounder, Prisma Color pencils.

I made this card for a special friend of mine who I totally adore but haven't seen in a long time. I saw her the other day and it felt so good to hang out and talk and laugh - so I made her a little card to tell her how much I adore her :) One of my most favorite memories of her and I were when we lived in Switzerland for a little bit - we completely were head and heels in love with their chocolate.... One of my favorite memories is her a dipping an orange chocolate slice (something like this picture) into a jar of Nutella!

How is your Saturday going? Any special plans? Unfortunately, all my plans involve me and the laundry machine and 4-5 loads of laundry - not a very fun way to spend Saturday - but I suppose an important one so that we can have clean clothes next week :) lol :) Our wee ones have a second round of the cough - ugh! CanNOT wait for spring - hope all of you are happy and healthy!!!

Don't forget to check out Taylor's Birthday party celebration this weekend - its all about celebration, party favors, prizes and of course cupcakes!

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner :)
Ciao for now!
Sankari

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Who doesn't LOVE chocolate! Delicious card Sankari!

Carol Dunstan said...

Where you peeking over my shoulder? Or was I channelling you? There's a lot of similarities in our cards (will photo mine after PANCAKE breakfast :-) ). Gorgeous card Sankari :D Hope your wee ones pick up quickly too

Deanna said...

Wow wow wow! Love it!

zukesgirl said...

Oh how cute!
Loving the little chocolates!

Reminds me of the mall - hehehe

Anonymous said...

I love all the dimension on your card and all of your details!

Melisa Hunter

Diane said...

Another super cute card Sankari beautiful

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my goodness Sankari! You have been a busy girl!! I love this card! It looks like real chocolate! That sentiment is "sweet" too. :)

Savitri said...

Yum yum! Love the card. The colors worked so well with your theme. What a lucky friend!!!!

Winter said...

So cute! Love the little chocolates!

Naomi said...

This is a great color combo, I will have to play ASAP! Your card looks great, love the chocolates!

Tlbran said...

Such a cute card! I love the saying and your chocolate looks so yummylicious! Love the lace border you added to the top and all the details to the card. I'm sure your friend loved the card.

Heather said...

Beautiful card! I love those colors! that chocolate looks good enough to eat!

Maria said...

Hey Sankari, I could have sworn that I commented this post but I was sort of stuffy headed when I "thought" I ommented so that may explain why there's no comment by me. LOL!!

Love the pretty colors of your card and mmmmm, the chocolates look so yummy. I love it! Such a delicious looking card!! You always do such fun things on your cards!!

Maria