Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Holidays



Good Monday Morning, 

I am seriously loving being part of the Christmas Stampin All Year Long group! Each week, Maria (our amazing blog creator) gives us a challenge from which we create a holiday/christmas card - so that by the time the holidays roll around, we have a good handle on our Christmas cards, and can actually enjoy the holidays instead of crafting like a manic at the last second (umm... yea - that would be me - ms. queen of procrastination! lol!) This week, we had a sketch challenge, which I flipped around so that it was vertical. 
I also stumbled upon Dawn McVey's 2nd Color Challenge thanks to my good pal Libby, that I couldn't resist and had to combine the two. These colors just looked tooo yummy together - but I am a big brown fan - kinda feel like brown and pretty much anything look good together... maybe it could also be because brown reminds me of chocolate... and chocolate and anything go really well together... so by that logic the color brown and anything must go really well together too! Makes sense to me! I will have a double fudge brownie bar please! Hmmm... I think I totally digressed... (chocolate can do that to you, ya know!) Here is my Christmas card for this week's challenge: 

Card Details:
Paper - Paper Company (brown cardstock), K & Co. for the blue and green DP
Ink:  Stampin Up! Taken with Teal
Stamps: Branching Out stamp set and Branching out coordinating set from Taylored Expressions
Accessories: Ribbon, buttons from stash, liquid pearls for the snow, Crystal Stickles, corner rounder
Technique - Paper pieced the bird and ornaments
Show watched: Remington Steel on Hulu (can't get enough of Pierce :)

I seriously LOVE this stamp set (if you have visited here this past week - you might have seen me use this stamp at least a few times... I can't get enough of it! AND I love it sooooo much that I want to give it away to one of YOU!!!!! 

This stamp set is one of the blog candies that I am giving out at the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge (each week we pick a movie from which to create a card, etc. from). This week marks the 25th challenge (woo-hoo!) and to celebrate it there is some FREE blog candy going on!!! You can check out more details on how you can get this awesome stamp set!!!

Doing these Christmas challenges this year - I have started to acquire a pile of Christmas/Holiday cards and was trying to figure out how to store them... well this is what I came up with for now.... and my goal is to fill this baby up to the top and then fill another one if possible :)

Please come on over and join the fun at the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long group! Check out Dawn's new color challenge - and stop by the Cinema Saturday challenge for some yummy blog candy!!! Who needs the Monday blues - when blogland is hopping with awesome challenges and inspiration!!

Thank you so much for stopping by my little corner!
Wishing you a happy week!
Sankari :)

23 comments:

AUsome mom said...

Hi Sankari!! I just stumbled across your blog yesterday and found some serious eye candy!! So, I'm now a follower. Love this card you created and the stamp IS to die for!! I'm headed over to check out the other blogs. Beautiful job on your card (and your storage system is cool too!)

Dawn said...

This is such a wonderful idea! I love that you will be done and I will be answering all of my friends questions like where are the hand made cards! great job on this card... you are very talented!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Sankari!! you have created yet another masterpiece!!! Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous. Oh and I'm with you on the Brown/chocolate thing!!! I've just finished a piece of Triple Choc Brownie!!! mmmmmm... hahaha.

Sarah
xx

Cathy said...

This is really cute. I love the colors!1

inlovestamping said...

Beautiful card!! I love the colors, what a great color challange.

Marcia said...

What a very classy card!

Karen Giron said...

This is gorgeous! I love what you did with the ribbon, so creative. You are so smart to work on your cards early - me, not so much, haha!

Joann said...

Gorgeous card!

claudia shadler said...

So cute! I always enjoy your cards, love the layering and textures! I love the little birdie on the tree!

TFS
Clouds :o)

scubasubie said...

wow good luck on your goal! that is quite the self-challange. I know you can do it! as for your card... WOW! I love how you flipped it. The colors looks great too.

Lynn P. said...

This is wonderful - love the untradtional colors for a Christmas card - and love that stamp too.

Valentina Fussell said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card! You have such an amazing style! I love the idea of making Christmas cards all year long. Hmmm...

Ann said...

Sankari, this card is absolute perfection! Just when I think you can't get any more FABulous, you outdo yourself! You rock! :D

Terri Trotter Earley said...

LOVE your ribbons!!! Great job on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

gale said...

That's gorgeous!! You're making me want that set and I've been resisting! Good luck on the goal. That's a big container..

Maria said...

Hi Sankari! Your card is a beauty! I love how you changed the orientation and the color combo is fantastic. I can see why you use that stamp set often! It's a great image and so perfect for Christmas too! As always, your card is impressive and downright beautiful!

As for that container. . .wow, that's a large container and a mighty ambitious goal to fill it up! I think you will need to make a lot of Christmas cards! I know you can do it!!

Maria

Donna Baker said...

wow! this is a winter wonderland! I have no doubt you will fill that container - you're so smart to start early!

Winter said...

So pretty! Love how you tied the ribbon!

Heather said...

Great card! I love that stamp set! Great storage idea for your Christmas cards!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card!!! I love that tree too and I can see why you like to use it. The ornaments on the tree are perfect. The colors are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

p.s. good luck on getting to your goal. I bet you can make it. You are a very creative person and make the greatest cards and projects.

CathyRose said...

Good for you, getting the Christmas cards done all year long! You've made another beauty there!

The Mama Monkey said...

I love this color combo for a Holiday card! It is so unexpected and works totally well with the image you used (of course!!!)