Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Taylored Expressions - Day Two of Sneak Peeks!!!



Good Wednesday Morning!!!

Tomorow is the big day when Taylor will release her newest cupcake stamps and her new line of stamps called Whimsical Wished by stamp designer Nancy McKinney of Card Worthy. Today I am sooo psyched and honored to be able to bring you some more sneak peeks from her newest Cuppie set called: Sweet Spring!

All I have are 2 words to describe this newest set: fabulously adorable!!! I just love this newest set - there are so many adorable and yummy images of Cuppie!! - this stamp set is such a great way to hippity hop right into spring!!!!

One of my newest fave images of Cuppie is with bunny ears! Okay - first of all - I think cupcakes are adorable, but then put ears on them!! that's taking adorable to a whole other level!!! LOVE it!! I made a card using Taylor's Friday Cupcake Sketch # 44 - this is one of my most favorite sketches (you can click here to see all the previous Cupcake Friday challenges and previous sketches too!).
I love this cute little bunny cuppie - I mean - he is just adorable!!! I stamped them onto this amazing cardstock called Choice White that Taylor has at her store - it is absolutely wonderful paper to use for coloring your images ( 25 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock in a sturdy 100lb weight) I colored them with my Prisma Color Pencils, and it felt so smooth - like butter -- or buttercream frosting on a cupcake :)
This card was super simple to make - all the elements of this card come from Taylored Expressions in a kit that will also be releasing on Thursday called: Easter Key Ingredients set - this package comes with a set of papers and matching and coordinating DP, brads, and coordinating ribbon. And also these awesome awesome felt flowers that I am now officially in love with... so cute!! I love these papers and I love how quickly this card came together, when you have matching everything - which always helps when you are crafting with two kids under the age of 4 and you are trying to do everything quickly :)

Card Details:
Paper: All paper is from the Easter Key Ingredients kit that will be available tomorrow
Ink: Stazon-Black ink
Stamps: Taylored Expessions: Sweet Spring set (available tomorrow)
Accessories: Square punches from Creative Memories, Scalloped Punch from SU!, Stickles (star dust), Liquid Pearls, 1"circle punch, dimensionals.

I couldn't stop at one cupcake card - (how can anyone just eat one cupcake?? :) Here is a quick little treat box that I made in 11.75 minutes (yes, I timed myself because I wanted to be able to tell you how long it took :) - This is a favor box (its called Bride) that is offered at the Taylored Expressions store (for only .50/apiece !!! - 10 required for a minimum order). My daughter was born on Easter almost two years ago and I was thinking that for her upcoming birthday party - that these would be cute favor boxes to give out to her little friends :)

I LOVE that the template is already pre-scored and cut out - all you have to do is fold it! I folded away, stamped the sentiment, punched it out with my scallop punch, adhered a strip of the designer paper from the Easter Key Ingredients set - added some stickles and liquid pearls and Voila!
But then, I thought - hmmm... this could look like a bunny ... so I quickly drew some ears and adhered them on and then -- again Voila :) LOL! I thought that it would be kinda cute to have it as a set to give to someone - a card and a matching favor box:

Last night when I was cleaning up my craft desk, I just had to make one more card - these images are just toooo cute not to be inked up !!! Here is one that I made using Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch #76... I love the elements of the sketch , so I stopped cleaning (that wasn't hard!!! lol!!) and started stamping again. I used all the elements in the Easter Key Ingredients that is releasing Thursday and stamped the images with Staz-On black and then colored them with my Prisma Color Pencils onto the Choice White cardstock - which was a total pleasure to color on!
Card Details:
Paper: All paper is from the Easter Key Ingredients kit that will be available tomorrow
Ink: SU! Rose Red
Stamps: Taylored Expessions: Sweet Spring set (available tomorrow)
Accessories: Prisma colored pencils, Circle punches from Creative Memories, Felt flowers and brads and ribbons are all from the Easter Key Ingredients kit available tomorrow, Stickles (star dust), Liquid Pearls, dimensionals, corner rounder, basket weave texture plate Sissix.

I couldn't decide on a sentiment - they are all tooooo cute... I stamped three different sentiments - but then had to go with this one : "wishing you a sweet spring" - because it is just too darn cute! I also added some of the felt flowers in the kit and lots of Stardust stickles which always adds glitter drama (as one of my dear friends calls it :).
All of these yummy stamp sets, cardstock, key ingredients sets will be available tomorrow !!! Woo-hoo!!!

So do you need a fun way to wake up tomorrow -- how about an early morning par-taaay!!! We would love it if you joined us tomorrow morning for a yummy release party with some fun prizes! Here are all the details:


COME PAR-TAAAY WITH US!!!

Taylored Expressions is Branching Out! Come
Join us to celebrate Taylor's newest release!!!

When: 7am PST - 8am PST (its an early morning soiree to get you going!)
Where: Join us at Paper Craft Planet at the Taylored Expressions Group
---- Taylor will have a special color challenge that will be posted at the party - Create a card using the color challenge and you will be eligible to receive the Key Ingredient's Birthday Boy!!! (Winner will be drawn by Random.Org) Please upload your creations to Paper Craft Planet with the key word: tecolorchallenge (all one word, all lowercase).
You must have your cards uploaded by Monday, March 9th at 8am PST to be eligible for the Key Ingredients Birthday Boy Set.
----There will also be some fun trivia and prizes for the winning guesses!!! So come on and join the fun as we celebrate Taylored Expressions Branching Out!!!

Don't foget to check out all the wonderfully sweet and yummy sneak peeks from all of the Baker's Dozen Design Team:

Ana Wohlfahrt
Charmaine Ikach
Denise Marzec
Donna Baker
Jen del Muro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Laura Fredrickson
Laurie Schmidlin
and of course:
Taylor VanBruggen

Thank you all for coming over today and visiting me! I truly appreciate your visits and hope you will join me tomorrow for some more cupcake creations as we celebrate the release of all these yummy goodies!!! Thank you so much for visiting!!!

Big Cupcake hugs to all!!!
Sankari :)


19 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow, Sankari, your work is amazing! This may be my first cupcake set. Love it!
~Nancy

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous Sankari! I love the little Easter bunny basket! Too cute!

Jodi Collins said...

WOOOOOOOO! WOWSA!! These are FLIPPIN' FANTASTICAL Sankari! I am speechless (and for chatty old me that is VERY rare!!) LOVE what you did with the favor box!!!

Heather said...

amazing projects! Great job on all of them!

Donna Baker said...

oh my goodness! the four bunnies on the card are ADORABLE!! I love the Easter/birthday favor too!

Julia Aston said...

Love your design with the 4 bunny cupcakes and your box is so cle-vah!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOW!! How cool!

Carol Dunstan said...

great stuff Sankari! Those bunny cupcakes are so cute, but I particuarly love what you did with the "bride" box!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness...you've outdone yourself once again Sankari! Your cards and treat box are the bomb! Love that bunny idea for the box...will have to CASE that someday soon!!!

Maria said...

Wow, Sankari! those bunnies and cupcakes are totally cute! Love all the beautiful colors that you used. You have a way with colorful cards. Love the layout to both cards. . .just so full of details! Okay, that bunny box is too stickin' cute. . . makes you not want to open it. . .you just want to just look at it! LOL!

Awesome job as their new DT. . .you are doing a spectacular job!!

Maria

Taylor said...

Totally adorable projects, Sankari! What a clever use for the bride box and I love your bunny card with the four bunnies poking out from the center. Their glittery cheeks are perfect too!

Ann said...

Sankari, your cupcake creations are all FABulous! You rock! :D

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Sankari, ALL of these projects are just fabulous! You rock, girl! Awesome!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

WOW Again!!!... You really are BRILLANT!!!

Hugs
Sarah
xxx

CathyRose said...

Oh my goodness, love them all! Just yummy to the max!

Karen Motz said...

Another fabulous project parade Sankari! :)

Leigh OBrien said...

OMG, Sankari! I am so excited that you'll be working with Taylor. I can't wait to see more...hey, today's the 5th...is it coming up on west coast time instead of east coast? Congrats to you...your cards are amazing!

Karen Giron said...

Wow! Your cards are so original, I love them! Love the 4 bunnies, very fun.

gale said...

Amazing cards and basket! I love the way you put the cupcakes on the eggs. Your cutting is so precise!