Thursday, March 12, 2009

Color Throwdown - Dream Big card



Hello All, 

I had a quick chance to play along at the color challenge that the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! ladies at the Color Throwdown are throwing down this week, while my little ones had snack and were playing with their new hotwheel cars (yes, my little daughter is waaaay into hotwheels, can you tell, she has an older brother??? lol!)
I have been meaning to play along every week, and every week, I remember on tuesday night and then I promise myself that I am going to play the next week - and now weeks later, I am so psyched that I actually made a card and am posting it the day after the challenge went up! woo-hoo!!!  
This week's colors are soooo pretty together (tempting turquoise, elegant eggplant and green of choice) I didn't really have anything turquoise-y , so I went for the closest thing I had and.... I only had about 20 minutes - so I quickly threw this together. 

Card Details
Paper: DCVW
Ink: SU! Taken with Teal
Stamps: SU! Happy Harmony
Accessories: Stickles, Liquid Pearls, mini circle punch, corner rounder

There is a multi-media pack from DCVW that has these color flowers in it - so I cut a few out, created a wave on the white cardstock, stamped the sentiment and then punched out mini circles to create a scalloped edge and then added liquid pearls and dots... seriously quick --- I had to be quick to try to take a picture of it in the setting sunlight.. I love this stamp set - I think it is my favorite and it felt so good to pull it out and use it! 

The sentiment reads: Dreams come a size too big so we can grown into them." Isn't that just sooo inspiring? I love it!! And I love being able to dream... what are some of your big dreams? One of mine is to travel the world with my family and be able to enjoy the wonders of this beautiful planet -- and the other is to meet Johnny Depp, my secret crush (well, not so secret anymore :) since I was 12 ;)

Well, that's it for me.... well actually there is one more... I just finished my scrapbook layout for the Scrappy Sunday challenge - so that one I will post in a few minutes too :)

Hope you are all having a delicious Thursday!!
Thank you so much for visiting my little corner :)
Ciao for now, 
Sankari :)

10 comments:

Charlene said...

Love your card, its very pretty...beautiful colors!

LeAnne said...

Wow, what a great idea to cut elements from the DP! You always have such fresh, fun ideas! Thanks for playing with us--glad you were able to find time share your creativity!
LeAnne

Tracy said...

Stunning card

The Mama Monkey said...

You kill me! 20 minute card, huh?! I don't think I could even do a CAS card in that amount of time! Love it!

Barbara said...

Very cute card! Love how you used the DP for embellishments! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oooh, Shawnie this is fabulous! I love those big, retro flowers! Love, love, love it!!! Thanks for playing!

dpkennedy said...

Great sketch and flowers! Very pretty! Thanks for playing the CTD!

gale said...

I love the colors on this card. The turquoise and purple look so neat together. Love the scalloped edge too.

Broni said...

I can't believe you just "threw" this together! I love all the cut out flowers and the neat layout! Thanks for playing with us this week!!

Heather said...

Great card! Great idea to cut patterns out of paper to make your focal point!