Friday, March 13, 2009

KW Color Inspriation #45 - Just Because (TECC59)


Did I mention earlier how happy I am that today is friday ?? So happy that I sat down and made my second card of the day, this time using Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge #45 - which is to make a monochromatic card using the colors: Basic Black, Basic Gray and Whisper White. I haven't made a monochromatic card in awhile, so I was happy to jump into this challenge!

I used the same sketch from this morning's card to make this card, which is Taylor's Sketch #59  (i love Taylor's sketches!) and I also used Taylor's newest stamp set: Branching Out. , which as you probably know by now, I completely adore and LOVE!! had a lot of fun stamping and cutting and pasting... talk about stamp therapy! I don't know about you guys, but this week has been insane in the membrane (and now, that song is stuck in my head) anyhooo... I am so happy to be done with the work week and have some play time :)

Card details:
Sketch: TECC59
Paper: Beautiful handmade black tissue paper - sooo pretty and so thin - it was hard to cut it  - it was so pretty - but no use being so pretty stuck in my paper drawer :), white cardstock from stash, grey DP is from DCVW
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Kaiser Pearl drops, black liquid pearls, stickles, copic C3 (my one and only, lol!), pearl button embellie, ribbon sheer from stash, corner rounder

So, who is this card for? My DH! I hope he likes it :) He has been such a trooper this week helping me out - and I just wanted to show him a little love :) Its so nice to make cards for him because he totally loves looking at them...and that makes everything so worth it! 

I hope that all of you are having a wonderful friday and that it is full of fun, relaxation and laughter! 

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner :)
Ciao for now,
Sankari :)

15 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow, love all the little details!

Stacey Schafer said...

This is lovely!

Karen Giron said...

Seriously Sankari! This is delish!!!

Winter said...

Very pretty! Love that pearl button!

Two Happy Stampers said...

You packed this card with detail! Wow! =)

Norine said...

this is so elegant with the pearls and colors
Hugs
Norine

Sherri said...

That is so elegant and beautiful - absolutely beautiful!!

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful! The pearls go so perfectly with this color combo! I love the ribbon and wish I could touch that black paper in person!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

DH will love it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card! Love the colors, the cute birds and the button! Great job on the sketch. TFS!

Unknown said...

Lovely, just like you!

gale said...

Gorgeous card! It is so elegant looking with the black and gray and all the pearls.

Heather said...

Beautiful card! I'm sure your DH will love this. It's just beautiful!

Regan said...

I just LOOOOVE this!

Carol Dunstan said...

very cute & classy :)