Sunday, March 8, 2009

Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #58 - Sentimentaly Spring



Good Sunday Morning and Happy Spring Forward!!!

I don't know about you guys - but the Spring time change (springing one hour ahead - always throws me off! I woke up today and wondered - wait a minute how is it already 8am ... where did the time literally fly off too??! 

In celebration of the Spring forward time change and also the fact that it must mean that spring is on the way (thank goodness! winter in iowa is not the easiest of seasons!) I made a little Happy Spring card! Here is another awesome sketch from Taylor from her Friday Cupcake Challenge #58. It's been one year since Taylor opened her store Taylored Expressions and in honor of that - Taylor is celebrating with party favors, prizes and gifts - go on and check it out!

I made a card for this challenge using Taylor's sketch and her color challenge from Thursday. I love these colors together - it reminds me of a fruit sorbet medley. I made this Happy Spring card for one of my friends who I am going to see later on today for a little girl's afternoon out!

I made a little mini library card style holder for each ofthe square elements in alternating colors from the challenge that Taylor had posted on Thursday (all you have to do is create a card with the colors from this post, upload it to Paper Craft Planet with the keyword tecolorchallenge and you are eligible to win the Birthday Boy Key Ingredients set - which is a wonderful set of heavy duty cardstock, beautiful and bright DP and coordinating brads and glitter ). Who doesn't love a chance to score some free DP and paper and embellies!!
 
In each of the boxes I put a little sentiment from Taylor's stamp sets punched with a Fiskar's tag punch. I thought it would be fun to have an interactive kind of card. The main kind of theme that I was going for - was a celebration of Spring card --- just because :) 

The square elements were punched out and folded in the alternating colors from Taylor's color challenge. I inked the sentiments in SU! Rose Ted with the top and bottom sentiments reading: Celebrate and the middle row reading: just because (this sentiment is from Taylor's newest stamp set - Branching Out - I love this set and this sentiment - because sometimes you need a "just because" kind of card :). The very middle sentiment reads: Happy Spring! Yay! I can't wait for Spring! I am so excited to get out of all these layers of winter clothes!!!

The sentiments read: Celebrate (from the Year of Senitments) and Just Because (from the Branching Out set) and in the middle square element it reads: Happy Spring (from Year of Sentiments). I thought it would be kind of fun for her to pull out the little sentiments.

  
Card Details: Paper: Paper from the scrap stash
Ink: Rose Red (SU!) 
Stamps: Year of Sentiments (Celebrate stamp and Happy Spring) and Sweet Spring: (Just because) 
Accessories: Liquid Pearls, silver pen, bling, hearts from K & Company, Guva Grosgrain Ribbon (Taylored Expressions), Fiskar's tag punch. 

Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Don't forget to check out Taylor's awesome birthday bash!!

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner,
Ciao for now,
Sankari :)

12 comments:

Naomi said...

All I can think of to say is...WOW! A lot of work on this one, and it was worth it! Amazing, love the little tags!

Tlbran said...

What a wonderful card! I love your idea for putting little "sentiment tags" on the card! Love all the detail you added to the card.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Another Sunny Sankari STUNNER!!!
Gorgeous. Gorgeous.

Hugs
Sarah
xx

Beth aka BR-T said...

Seriously, this is amazing in every way! BR-T

Louise F NZ said...

This is so beautiful, I love the colours and I think your take on the sketch is just fantastic

Norine said...

you did a great job on the sketch alot of work wow but really love the tags
Hugs
Norine

Heather said...

Beautiful card! I love the rich colors you used! I love those little tags!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous and creative! What a WOW project girl...you Rock!

claudia shadler said...

oh wow! Seems like very intricate work was done on this card! how awesome! Very cute!

TFS
Clouds :o)

Alley said...

What a fabulous take on the card for the sketch. It looks like you put so much time and effort into it. Great...!!!

Maria said...

Oooh, I love the creative way you created you card with the sketch. The pull-out tags are fabulous. I love it. Love the pretty colors of your card too. . .

I love that time is now one hour ahead. I didn't like it when it would get dark so early. It feels much more normal now.

Maria

Anonymous said...

Wow! what a great card. It looks like it must have taken forever to make. This could be used for so many occasions.

The time change has sure whupped my behind. I seem to spend everyday dragging right now. Most of my kids have adapted already but the baby has not. When I wake him up in the morning he usually looks at me, groans, and rolls over and goes back to sleep. He isn't pleasant while he is being dressed, lol.