Monday, March 9, 2009

Christmas Stampin All Year Long - Challenge #7

Good Morning Everyone - can you believe that its Monday (again lol!)

I am not sure what happened to last week - it flew by me! And this time change thing has really gotten me all tangled and twisted up... I like the fall time change better - the spring one always throws me off...

Speaking of time - its Monday and that means that its another challenge from the "Christmas Stamping All Year Long" blog, which I am so plum pleased to be a part of - Every week there is a challenge - from which we create Christmas cards - this is such a nice way to get motivated to get those Christmas cards started early - seriously - this last year - I completely procrastianted in making all my cards - so this year - I am starting a little ahead of time - like 9 months ahead!and this challenge blog is the best thing because it helps be stay motivated.

This week - the challenge was to create your own sketch and a card from your own sketch - which was actually challenging - so I went with the "less is more" approach and created a simple card (20 mintues) and tried to keep the layers and all down... (I have to take a pic of it in daylight - I apologize for the darker quality)




Card Details:
Paper: DCVW, stash
Inks: Ballet Blue SU!
Stamps: Penny Black
Accessories: Martha punch, Kaiser bling, Fiskar's threading punch, liquid pearls.


I actually enjoyed the sketch that I ended up creating for this challenge - it is super simple and easy - and might be one that I come back to later... :)

Hope all of you will play along !!!

Happy Monday!
Sankari :)

10 comments:

Tlbran said...

WoW, What a great wintery Christmas card! I love the background you created and that layered shape you created for the trees to be placed on is wonderful. Love all the detail you added.

Norine said...

what a nice card love those little trees
Hugs
Norine

Maria said...

Hey Sankari! Sorry I haven't commented sooner. Gosh, I've been sick as a dog all week but today, I feel sooooooooo much better!!

I love your DIY card. . .as always it's beautiful. The layout is fabulous and wow, 20 minutes. . .you're awesome. My 20 minute cards don't look like yours! LOL!!

I'm glad being part of the blog is helping you out. It was the intent of the blog. Thank you for being part of the group. . .your cards surely motivates others to create their Christmas cards early!!

Maria

Michelle said...

Very pretty card! I have some of the background cards and always have difficulty determining what to do - guess I'll just have to CASE you! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Rachel Brumley said...

Sankari

Beautiful card - I love all the details. Did you emboss the paper or was that part of the design? Beautiful paper!

Welcome to the Christmas Stamping All Year Long Team. Your artistic talent is awesome.

I've moved to typepad and my new url is www.inspirationsbyrachel.com.

Thanks!

The Mama Monkey said...

Sankari, I just love you! This is so cute! I did LOL though...your 20 minute creation would have taken me 2 days!!! You are just so talented!

gale said...

That's a beautiful card!! I find it so hard to get in the mood to do holiday stamping during the other parts of the year.

Jen said...

The colors are so peaceful:) I love all the details you add to your work! You ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty card. I love the embossed snowflakes. Your sketch is great.

Heather said...

Great Christmas card! I love those trees!