Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cinema Saturday #33 -Ever After


Good Morning Everyone,

Welcome to our 33rd Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge where this movie we are featuring the 1998 romantic fantasy movie Ever After with Drew Barrymore, Angelica Houston and Dougray Scott. The requirement for this week was to use flourishes.

For this challenge, I wanted to make something glittery and blingy - but had limited supplies (I am visiting my inlaws right now - so I wanted to make something quick too. I didn't have achance to paly with last week's 3D challenge hosted by PaperCraft Planet - and thought that it was perfect for this week's challenge to make a little Cinderella glass slipper. Today is also our 8th anniversary :) yay - so I was going to leave this little shoe on the steps with a note to where find the next clue :)




I loved watching the movie Ever After because of its playful and revised version of the fairytale. I love how learned Danielle is and her wit and repar with Prince was so refreshing. In making a card for this movie, I decided to not make a card - but to make Cinderella/Danielle's glass slipper. I tried with clear acetate - but had some problems - so I went with the glitter sheet route :) I love the shot of the glass slipper in the movie - it is such a beautiful shoe!! LOVE it - wish I had a few of those lying around !!! lol!

Making this shoe was last week's challenge at our our 3D Tuesday Challenges at Paper Craft Planet . You can check out some of the beautiful samples in the 3D Gallery at PCP for more inspriation on how to make these cute shoes!

I hope you all play along!!! This is such a great movie with so many lovely images from which to craft from!!! Thank you to our wonderful Guest designers Jaimee and Nellie who did such an amazing job with their Ever After creations!!

I hope you all have a chance to play along this week!! Please check out the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog for more details!

Sending you all hugs!
Sankari :)

14 comments:

Smita said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! Lovely shoe... :-) And the idea of leaving the shoe on the steps sounds very interesting...ummm...romantic, actually. ;-)

Love,
Smita

Carol Dunstan said...

absolutely beatiful of course!

And you know, you CAN have something very similar to those shoes :)

Nellie Mae said...

I love the shoe, it is absolutely amazing!! Fantastic work!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool!! Happy Anniversary to ya!!

Brooke S said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!
What great timing for you to finish work... Go up to family and get to have a DATE!

I am so proud of you both.. You have not been able to have much time together lately and you have supported each other so beautifully...

A HUGE thanks to you Keith for Sharing the most wonderful person in the world with ME...

Can't wait to chat with you.. Call me when you are home from your date so I can say Happy day to you..

Happy Anniversary Hugs to you both!
Brooke

claudia shadler said...

wow! this is gorgeous! That shoe is stunning, can I try it on? haha. Your creativity always amazes me! Love it!


Clouds :D

wendyp said...

Wow!!! Once again, this is AMAZING!!!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Shari said...

I left you a blog award

Admin said...

This is super cute. I'd like to pass on the Friendship and Lemonade Stand award to you as your blog has helped inspire me.

http://gmgcreations.blogspot.com/2009/05/friendship-and-lemonade-stand-awards.html

Tlbran said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the shoe, it is so shiney.

gale said...

What a cool shoe! I love it! I loved that movie too-I'm a big Drew Barrymore fan and she was awesome in it.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! You are an amazing card maker. Absolutely beautiful. Great job. Happy Anniversary!

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow...this is beautiful!!! You are so creative! I bet you came up with the pattern by yourself, too! Just stunning!

Jaimee said...

happy anniversary! that shoe is stunning...looks almost like the real one!