Sunday, May 17, 2009

Feel Better Soon Card!


Hi Everyone,

Kristina has her 52nd Color Inspiration Challenge up - and wow! what a cool pic to draw the inspiration from (the picture comes from her blog reader Traci). I have to say - that I was psyched to see these colors - what a great color combo - it felt so retro urban chique (is that even a term?).


I couldn't wait to play along - and created a feel better soon card using Taylor's Friday Cupcake sketch #68 (which I turned counter-clockwise) and using Taylor's newest cutest release of stamps: Doctor's Orders. I love this set and these two are among my fave images (but they are all my fave :) - who can't resist cupcakes? And for some reason - I just can't get enough of this tissue box - it is just the cutest tissue box :)! - so I created a little row with some actual tissues in them :)

This whole card is an ode to paper piecing.. holy cupcakes - that was a lot of tiny cutting and paper piecing - does this ever happen to you... you are paper piecing something tiny and all of the sudden it drops to the floor - where there are hundreds of tiny scraps! Ack! Okay - that's what happened with these paper pieced pillows... I couldn't find them after I cut them - because they dropped on the floor and were in a sea of tiny scraps (yes, I need to clean my scrap corner floor more often :) but i finally found it - yay! I love the image of this cute little cupcake sitting in bed with a thermometer in his mouth!


Card Details:

Paper: All of it is from my scrap stash (I have been forcing myself to use something from my scrap stash in every card - but yet my scrap stash is still heaped high - how is that possible???
Stamps: Doctor's Orders from Taylored Expressions
Ink: More Mustard
Accessories: Spellbinders Nesties (Blossom), Rhinestones blue, dimensionals, Circle cutters from Creative Memories
Technique: Paper Piecing

I had a lot of fun with these colors - they were challenging and fun! Well, I am off to get some spring cleaning done! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Thanks so much for visiting my little corner :)
Ciao for now :)
Sankari :)

29 comments:

Jane said...

OMG! So cute! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Sankari, this is cuter than cute and sure to be a winner! What a fantastic job you did this week. I absolutely love your card! Hugs Sankari :)

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Oooohhh more little tissues!!!! (Squealing little squeaks of excitement over here!!! ahahaha) LOVE those little tissues... It makes me feel better and I'm not even sick!!! Just gorgeous Sankari... GORGEOUS.

xx SJK

scrapperia said...

How cute and cool is this???
Absolutely awesome!

Unknown said...

Wow! Super cute card!

Dawn said...

THat is the cutest card ever!! Who wouldn't feel better after receieving it??!! The tissues are totally adorable!!

Donna Baker said...

how cute! love the row of tissue boxes!!!

Paula Pascual said...

Cute card!

Erika said...

What an awesome card! Those tissue boxes are adorable and the colors mixed with the images are just perfect!!

Kate's Life said...

WOW!!!! This is simply amazing!!! What a totally cool card- love your paper piecing!

Stacey Schafer said...

no wonder you are a top pick stamper...this is soooo creative! love it, Sankari

ScrapyCrafter Yaneri said...

So so cute! Anyone who is sicky-poo would for sure get better receiving this!! Love it!

Yaneri

Rochelle said...

What a cute card! I love how you colored the sick little cupcake blue! :) The row of tissue boxes along the bottom just finishes of the card great!

Naomi said...

I love the tissue boxes, AGAIN!!! They are the best! And the color combo is great! I will have to write it down, I love them together!

Britta Swiderski said...

Adorable! This card would make me feel better if I received it for sure. :)

Diana Gibbs said...

Look at that poor little cuppie cake sick...awwwwww....

I gave you an award over on my blog.

Love ya prrrrr,
Di

Two Happy Stampers said...

Awwww! So cute! Those tissue boxes are darling! =)

Smita said...

Lovely card.

Hugs,
Smita

Carol Dunstan said...

oh dear, that poor little cuppie! Needing four boxes of tissues (though I do know how he feels!) Wonderful card as always :)

Julia Aston said...

How fun! love the row of kleenex boxes - great color/sketch card!

Traveling Mama said...

OMG! Those tissue boxes are hysterical! SO fun!

Unknown said...

Sankari, this is soooo cute! I love this card!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome, Sankari! Love the real looking tissue in the boxes and that caribbean satin ribbon is one of my favorites from Taylor's store.

gale said...

How cute-this card would totally make a sick person feel better!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Sankari, this is too cute. Another winner for sure!

Diane said...

Oh that care is just tooo cute totally love it

Savitri said...

Oh, you make the bestest card :) This is just too too cute!!!

Winter said...

So cute! Love the little tissue boxes, what a great get well card!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Stinking cute!!! Great job on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.