Saturday, May 9, 2009

Whose says pink isn't manly ??!

Hi All,

Kristina has her color challenge up and this week has challenged us with the following colors: brown, rose red, mustard yelllow and white. What a great group of colors!

So I pulled out the colors that I had and made a little man card using Taylor's Friday Cupcake Sketch #67 and the stamps from her newest release of stamps called Boys will be Boys. I loved using pink on a Father's Day card - who says a little pink isn't manly?

The sentiment reads: "There's no tie when it comes to you!" . Love the sentiment and the cute ties - all of which are paper pieced. Because it is a man card - and because I have a tendency to get all swirly, girly whirly - I left out some ribbon and tried to keep it simple and clean.

Hope all of you are enjoying a great weekend!

Happy Mother's Day!

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner :)
Ciao for now,
Sankari :)



28 comments:

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

I love that stamp set, Sankari. Such an awesome card (as always)!

Linda said...

Your card is so cool. I love it! The ties are great.

Yvette said...

What a CUTE card! Love it!!!

Alberta said...

Great layout and dimension.

Anonymous said...

hi Sankari how cute are these ties! LOL Very clever and original! hope your day was fun....hugs Donna

Diane said...

Oh wow Sankari that is just too cute I love what you have made

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

How fabulous is this.... VERY FABULOUS!!!! See I keep telling my girlfriends that YOU can indeed make a Boys card with Pink on it.... I will show them this card just to say ' I TOLD you so'...hahaha.
It's gorgeous Sankari.

xx SJK

Diane said...

totally brilliant card I just love it as usual thanks again for sharing it

Rochelle said...

What a great card for a guy. I love how you off set the More Mustard piece with the White piece, it looks great!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous... yet manly! :)

Winter said...

Oh, I LOVE it! Love the ties! Top pick for sure! :)
Thanks for your sweet comment on my card too!

Kathryn said...

WOW -- THIS is soooooo AMAZING -- I love the colors and the image -- so GREAT !!!

DoxieGirl said...

This is so fabulous! Love the colors in a masculine card!
Great job with the sketch as well!
~Kendra

Julia Aston said...

Love the popped up ties and the faux stitching around the panels - super masculine card!

Jacinta said...

This is such a cute and masculine card! I love the rounded corners and dimension from the ties. TFS.

--Jacinta

Sylvia said...

Great card! This would make a great Fathers'Day card.

Tlbran said...

Great man card! Love the paper piercing of the ties!

Anthonette said...

Hi Sankari, great manly card! I love the ties.

Winter said...

Congrats, told you it was a top pick! :)

Anthonette said...

Congrats on Kristina's Top 10, Sankari!!!

Lisa Brown said...

very cute! Congrats!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Fabulousness deserves to be a winner!!! Congrats Sankari.. It's such a gorgeous card!!

xx SJK

Cristina Tronco said...

this is great!!!
loved it!
congrats

Angie Tieman said...

Very cute!! Congrats on the Top 10!

Brooke S said...

WAHOO! First pick ... You totally rock! Sweet card.. Love the little ties...
Hugs
Brooke

Deb Rymer said...

Such a fun card! Great job on the challenge. Congrats on the top 10 pick!

sideoats + scribbles said...

That is a super cool card!!! I never would have thought of doing a pink tie but I LOVE it! :)

Kate Souder said...

Top 10! Good for you! Love the card.