Sunday, May 3, 2009

Taylored Expressions - Day One of Sneak Peeks!!!

Good Morning Everyone, 

I am so excited to be able to show you some sneak peeks from the newest release at Taylored Expressions! The sets being released this month are so perfect for some important occaisions. These projects are made with the set called Doctor's orders. I love this set for the versatility that it offers in making cards/projects for get well soon cards and these images are sooo perfect for children too!

I didn't have a chance to play along with this sketch from Taylor's Friday sketch Challenge 55 - so I thought I would use it for this card. (You can find all of Taylor's sketch challenges from the past at this link). This is one of my favorite images from this stamp set (I say that about each image!lol!) and its of Cuppie in bed with a little thermostat. How cute is that - that Cuppie is in bed with his fluffed up pillows catching up on some reading? Love this cute image!!!

I used the March Key Ingredients kit to make this card (the Key Ingredients kit comes with DP and coordinating cardstock, ribbon and accessories they are really such an easy way to pull a card together :) I paper pieced the bed spread and pillows and then used dimensionals to pop the bed up. I am so excited to have some cards on hand that are get well cards - because I never have any when I need them. I love these cute cuppie images - its nice to be able to make some get well cards for kids from this set. 


. Here is another card that I made using another image and sentiment - I lOVE these too (see they ALL are my favorite :). As you guys know - I love working with bright cheery colors - and thought that they would work well together for a get well card. I simply adore this tissue box - I stamped it a few times on orange and pink and then paper pieced them - cut the top open to insert a little bit of actual tissue paper :) and then lined them up in a row... I also paper pieced the lozenges with the blue DP.

And then I thought - it might be fun to decorate a real tissue box and put these two together as  gift set - so I got a little extra tissue box and started to decorate it up:

I can't tell you how much fun I had making this little tissue box - isn't this little image of Dr. Cuppie sooo cute (wouldn't it be great if the Doctor insisted that eating more chocolate was the best thing to get you healthy again!) I paper pieced the cuppies and adhered them on a Spellbinders nestie set and decorated with some liquid pearls, faux stitching and buttons from Taylor's Bag O'Buttons. 

Here is a picture of the whole gift set:


Well, I totally had a blast making these - love these sweet images for get well cards - they would totally bring a smile to my face if I was under the weather :)

Don't forget to check out my amazing fellow DT members from Taylor's Baker's Dozen:
Thank you so much for checking out my little corner :)
Ciao for now,
Sankari :)

PS - Don't forget to check back tomorrow for Day 2 of sneak peeks - tomorrow's set is absolutely perfect for some special people in your life!! Have a great sunday!

23 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wonderful projects! Love the bright cheerful colours...that tissue box card is over the top! Fabulous work Sankari...you ROCK!

Dawn Easton said...

Holy moly girl...these all totally ROCK! Love the decorated tissues! hehe! Great card with the tissue boxes too!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Sankari, all of these are just darling! LOVE the tissue boxes and the card is just adorable with those papers/layout! GREAT projects!

Ann said...

OMG, Sankari! You blew me away (again) with your creations! I thought the first card was awesome with the little cuppie sick in bed...then I scrolled down to see those little tissue boxes--AMAZING!!!! You are truly talented!

Taylor said...

Wow, Sankari! All of your projects are fabulous! I have no idea how you cut around that bed in the first card, but it's wonderful! And I love all the tissues coming from your tissue boxes and your real decorated tissue box is wonderful too! Love it!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow! Such bright and fun patterns. Love Love LOVE the row of dimensional tissue boxes. Very cool!

Donna Baker said...

oh my word!! you really went all out on your sample today; in sniffle style--what a fun idea for the set, I adore the tissue paper peeking through the box! you totally ROCK!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

WOW!! Your creativity blows me away!!

Anthonette said...

What fun projects, Sankari! You have such clever ideas, girlie.

sideoats + scribbles said...

Oh wow, total cuteness!!!! LOVE what you did! These are sure to brighten someone's day. And I'm totally with you on eating cuppies, ha ha!!! :)

Karen Giron said...

Wonderful! I love this little tissue box - so fun!

scubasubie said...

those are adorable. the bright colors would make anyone get better soon

Tlbran said...

Love your projects! They are perfect for someone who is sick. Love the colors you used, they are so cheerful that they will definately cheer up a sick person!

jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

How bright and fun! This would totally cheer me up if I was sick...heck, it's making me smile right now!! So cute!!

Karen Motz said...

Wow, wonderful projects! You always have so much detail in your projects...WOW!

Jodi Collins said...

WOW Sankari! You never cease to amaze me with your totally awesome and uber creative projects! LOVE the set you have created here, and that tissue box is AMAZING!!! LOVE all of these!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

My doctor totally says chocolate is the cure for everything! LOL I love your tissue box! It is so pretty, I would not want to get near it with my sniffles!

gale said...

Oh my how cute!! I love those cards-the bright colors look great! What a neat idea to decorate the tissue box!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Sankari, Sankari, Sankari!!! Nothing short of brilliant. I think it would be worth getting sick just to receive a 'Tissue Box' getwell card from you.... I LOVE LOVE Love it.... Just awesome.

xx Sarah

Cakespy said...

OMG!! These are amazing! The tissue box one in particular is so cute I might faint!

Heather said...

These are great projects! Great job!

Diana Gibbs said...

This is so adorable...those little kleenex boxes on the bottom...you the bomb girlfriend.

Sending lots of hugs, and smoooocheess!

Love ya,
Di

Naomi said...

Love the bright! Those tissue boxes are fab!!!