Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #30 - Mary Poppins

Welcome to our 30th Cinema Challenge! (wow - that is amazing that we have done 30 movies already!) A big welcome to all our new players and to all our returning players - you all are just the best!

This week we are so excited to feature one of our favorite movies: Mary Poppins!

This movie was released in 1964 and won 5 Oscars (including best actress and best music!) and was nominated for awards 12 times! This movie is SUCH a classic !

This movie just makes me soooo happy!!! It brings back a ton of happy memories from my childhood - and the songs just are brilliant and witty! I think one of my favoritest scenes from the movie when I was a child was the scene where Uncle Albert and everyone floats to the ceiling if you laugh! How awesome that sight was to my imagination - I can't even tell you how much I tried to do that too by laughing... I laughed and laughed and laughed and hoped to get to the ceiling but it never worked - just got lots of belly aches from laughing so much!

But more than anything - I just adored Mary Poppins - she just made everything right and perfect! I love when she rides in the carousel and then she goes on to win the race! There are sooooo many amazing and creative things that could be done in this movie and I can't wait to make some more cards for this challenge! For this card - I wanted to use Julee's awesome sketch for this week's Mojo Monday #84- I love this sketch and I love this movie - so it was fun to put the two together!!! I chose the sentiment that Brooke also loved, which is" Practically perfect in every way"... I got the silhouette from this site. The papers are all from Basic Grey and the buttons are from Taylor's Bag-o-Buttons - how I am Lovin' this bag! The ribbon is from my stash - (the required element for our challenge this week was to use some sort of stitching in our card - so I used the stitching in the ribbon as a way to fulfill this requirement :) It was so much fun to put this card together - as I listened to the movies (do you know you can watch the WHOLE movie on Youtube!!! Yep - check out the link here - and then you just follow it and click each part in sequence) Here is my card for Mary Poppins - although I still want to make like 4 more cards - my head is just swimming with ideas!!!

I had a lot of fun making this card and hope that you do too!!! Its a fantastic movie!!! So we hope you join us this week and have fun singing along to these songs!

This week we also have a wonderful guest designer - she is just an inspiration with her creativity and precise perfection in all her creations! This week's guest designer is Kelly Lunceford - thank you so much Kelly for sampling this wonderful movie with us!!!


You can check out more details on the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog!

Hope you join us!!!

Hugs,
Sankari

10 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

See!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! Actually Beautiful Beautiful!!!! I knew you would create another gorgeous creation. The Truffles must've worked huh!!! Nope, you don't need truffles... you're just amazing.

xx SJ

Kelly Lunceford said...

Oh my! This is so stinkin' cute! I love the colors and of course the buttons! I really like how you used the mojo sketch, too! Great jub! I am so glad I was able to play this week!

Ann said...

This is flippin' fantastic!!!! I love it!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Shawnie, I LOVE your card!!! So cute! I'm gonna' do my darndest to do a card this weekend! It's on my to-do list as soon as supper is done tonight!

The Mama Monkey said...

OMG I love this movie! I wish, wish, wish my kids liked it as I do, but alas they do not. I remember singing the songs all summer long...

The best part of your card has to be the buttons! They just remind me of Mary Poppin's clothes!

Tlbran said...

Love that movie! Somedays I even start humming the songs when I am really stressed at work. LOL I love the colors you used and that saying is perfectly perfect!

El Capitan said...

OK WOW!! I love it! I like the umbrella in the circle on the bottom with the ribbon bow. and the cool dp. and well mary poppins too.

gale said...

Adorable card!! Love the Mary Poppins silhouette-what a great idea!

Heather said...

Very creative! I love the sentiment and Mary Poppins!

Naomi said...

Amazing!!! It's been ages since I saw Mary Poppin's! What a great memory! I love this card. It's brilliant, as always! I wish my head swam with the ideas that your does...LOL!