Monday, May 11, 2009

Let It Snow (but not today :)


Good Monday Morning Everyone,

Hope ya'll had a great Mother's Day weekend!! Ours was very sweet, simple and lovely! And today - its time for another challenge from the Christmas Stampin All Year Challenge group - and today Vicki Garrett of Summerthyme Studio - has a fun challenge for us to add some blingy bling to our Christmas cards! Who doesn't love a little bit of bling! I know I do!

I pulled out one of my new fave craft stamps that I just got from JanLynn created by the artist Tara Reed - aren't these snowmen just so cute and lovely! This is called Cheerful Snowmen - and they totally make me smile! I love how happy they look and I especially love the little guy holding up the little present I used Jen's Sketch for You to Try and after coloring them, I covered them in Crystal Stickles and then dusted them with coarse crystals from Martha Stewart and now they are sparkly sparkly. I created little snow drops with some liquid pearls.  I added a little bling on the side and used the Let it Snow sentiment from Taylored Expressions



I am totally lovin' doing these challenges - I am never this organized with creating Christmas cards so early! I don't know what I am going to do with all my spare time around the holidays - maybe actually enjoy the season without that much stress about creating a bunch of cards :) 

Hope you join us and create your holiday cards along with us! 

Happy Monday Everyone - have a great week!

Ciao for now!
Sankari :)

13 comments:

Maria said...

Wow, another fantastic card. Every week your card is always different and oh, so pretty! I love all the bling on your snowmen. . and I love that swirly bling too!! You always come with such fabulous designs for all your cards!! All so creative!!

Maria

Tina said...

great card - oh those snowmen are the cutest love all the mica or glitter you added to them. amazing...

Sue from Oregon said...

I too have a hard time making winter or Christmas cards due to lack of time! I am enjoying theses cards and especially this one...I LOVE snowmen!

Ann said...

Ohhh, I ADORE snowmen! This card is so sweet!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love your card! Awesome glitter!

DoxieGirl said...

Oh my gosh! How sweet is this! Love it!
~Kendra

Renee said...

Wowzer!! Great card, Your snowmen are awesome love all the glitter!! just adorable. Blessings. Renee

The Mama Monkey said...

Hi Sankari! Just got back from Tokyo to find 3 lovely projects posted since I left!

This card is so sparkly! I love the bling and am happy to read that you are not wishing snow on us! :)

The tie card posted below is awesome! What a great idea and just perfect for the men in our life!

Your Steel Magnolias card was gorgeous! I love the colors and the way you used the flowers!

MacKenzie said...

Awesome card this week Sankari. The sparkly snowmen are just perfect!

Tlbran said...

Great card! I love that image! Love all the bling you added to your snowman!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

I love this one! Look at those sparkling snowmen! You really know how to bling up a card :)
I just joined a Holiday card group too and love the idea of getting some of my cards done ahead of time this year.

thescrapmaster said...

This is really beautiful! I love the texture on those snowmen!

gale said...

Gorgeous card! Love the snowflakes and the snowmen.