Monday, May 18, 2009

Delight in the Season (A Taylored Christmas Mojo card)


Good Monday Morning Everyone,

I have begun to love Mondays! What??! Yes, its true - because I feel like I am accomplishing something :) Every week at the Christmas Stampin' All Year Round blog, there is a different challenge going on - so we can be on top of the holiday season - before the holidays! I seriously don't know how I feel about being organized before the holiday season - so not my style :) I already have 14 cards ( I missed a couple challenges - but I am making that up!) It feels great to add one to the Holiday box!

This week, Debbie has come up with a color challenge for us using the three colors Sage Shadow, Apricot Appeal and Chocolate Chip - what elegant colors all put together! I had a zillion ideas - but only time for one card (does that ever happen to you? if only there was more hours in the day to stamp for hours!)
For this week's card, I used Julee's awesome Mojo Monday Sketch #86 - loved those rectangles (flipped the sketch to make it vertical) and I paired it with a few stamps from Taylored Expressions. One of my favorite sets is the Branching Out stamp set - I love this tree - it is so whimsy yummy and I love that in the coordinating stamp set there are ornaments (along with fruit and flowers) that you can stamp to coordinate with it - so its the perfect tree for all seasons :) I used the Branching Out stamp set for the tree, the Branching Out coordinates for the squirrel and the christmas ornaments and the cupcake from the Home Sweet Home set and the sentiment from the Season's Sweetings set. It was so much fun to mix things up and splice together a card from all the different stamps :)

I stamped the tree image and then cut it up into thirds, matted it, and then started to ornament it with glitter :) It was so much fun to paper piece the squirrel and the cupcake on the swing :) And it was so much fun to add the liquid pearls to the card for snow and also on the swing (have you ever giggled while making a card - well, I was totally giggling while I was paper piecing this cute little cupcake and having the squirrel hold it! lol! I love the sentiment for this card: May your Season be filled with Sweet Delight:

I had so much fun making this card and the best part (aside from making the squirrel hold the cupcake) was to use up papers from my paper stash (which by the way is looking mighty full). I didn't have anything sage shadowy--- so I went with the closest green... this is a great color combo - can't wait to use it again!

Hope you have a chance to play along with us over at the Christmas Stampin All Year Round blog (its just a motivational way to inspire each other to get some cards cranked out before the holidays)!

Thanks so much for visiting my little blog corner :)
Lots of wishes for a HAPPY sunny week!!!
Ciao for now!
Sankari :)

18 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Lovely Sankari!!!! Good Morning to you!!! You seriously have to stop being sooooooo clever!! haha... Actually NO DON'T you dare!!!!... This is just lovely.

xx SJK

scubasubie said...

wow what a great card. i love that liquid pearl. and the squirrel is just too cute.

Libby Hickson said...

LOVE this - what a fun way to use that sketch!!!

Cathy said...

What a wonderful card!! I love how you layered everything and used the ornaments!! So cute!!

inlovestamping said...

Pretty card!! Love the layers and layout.

Maria said...

Hey Sankari! I actually giggle a lot for no reason at all! LOL! Does that mean I"m going crazy? Perhaps but that's okay, at least I'm not crying! LOL!

Your card is just. . .WOW! I really love that image and how you split it up in 3. Just totally fantastic!! You did a beautiful job coordinating the colors. . .I love the combo too. Never thought to use it but looks like I'l be doing so now!!

As always, it's always wonderful to see your beautiful Christmas cards!!

Maria

Marcia said...

Cute Card

Karen said...

Ohh, how sweet!! Very pretty and I just love the ornaments!
{{cheers}}

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Thank you so much for playing along!

Dawn said...

You NEVER cease to amaze me with your work! This card is stunning!
Great job...
Dawn

Denise Marzec said...

I love these colors and that squirrel is just too cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that color combo!! And your card is fabulous! The layout is awesome and I love all the texture. So beautiful!

America said...

Great take on the color combo challenge and good idea to combine it with the weekly mojo sketch! So glad to playing alongside you at CSAYL!

gale said...

That's so cute! I love the snow and all the glitter on it.

The Mama Monkey said...

What a cool color combo for a Holiday card! I love the layout you chose! The ornaments and the squirrel are darling!

Meredith said...

This card is beautiful! Very creative!!

Patricia Chalas said...

Sankari what I lovely card. You are such a talented woman!!!
I love all your work!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Your amazing!!! How awesome this is!! Love it!! Great work as always!!! :)