Monday, May 4, 2009

Taylored Expressions -Day 2 of Sneak Peeks

Good Monday Morning everyone!!!

Are you masculine card challenged?

Because I know I am- lol! - no matter how much I try to make a masculine card - it always ends up being swirly girly whirly.... so I am psyched that Taylor is coming out with a set called Boys Will Be Boys -through her Whimsical Wishes line designed by the uber talednted: Nancy McKinny. This set and the awesome Father's Day Key Ingredients Kit will make it sooo much easier to whip out a "boy" looking card (that still looks "pretty"...ummm... errr... handsome, umm -- err.. masculine... :)

This set features images and sentiments that are not only perfect for Father's Day - but also just regular sentiments for the boyz in your family. One of my favorite image is of the grill with the flame! Couldn't wait to stamp it! As soon as I saw it - I thought of my FIL who is the grill master of the house - and so I made this card for him : "All hail to the Grill Master" - love that sentiment!!! LOL!!!

I cut out the grill with my x-acto knife and then cut out a flame colored by prismas and then stamped the skewers and colored and cut them out and then adhered them after placing them on dimensionals. I used the latest sketch #65 from Taylor's Cupcake Challenges.

I love and hoarde all the Key Ingredients Kits from Taylor (the key Ingredients are kits with coordinating DP and cardstok, ribbon and embellishments. Taylor will also be offering a Father's Day Bundle which will include the metal sheets and a set of assorted charms (like the flipper) - I love the idea of some masculine lookin charms!!!

I LOVE this charm with a little flipper - I attached it to a circle of orange cardstock adhered to one of the buttons from the kit. I cut three strips of metal and attached it on top. I can't wait to give this to my FIL :) There are sooo many cute by boy image in this set - and I Can't wait to try them all!!!
----------------------------
I also couldn't wait to make a special boy page for my DH as part of his Father's Day Present. I made a little 6x6 layout using elements from the Father's Day Kit and using the awesome sketch by Jen T. for her Scrappy Sunday sketch challenges :) For this sketch - I got out two of my fave fave photos of my DH with our son and daughter while we were in Florida. I love the shot of him holding our daughter's hand and walking by the shoreline as the waves are coming in and then the silhouetted picture of him and our sun running on the beach. I had sooo much fun making this page and it was so easy to put together - I was so surprised that I was suddenly done!

I love that about these awesome Key Ingredients - they coordinate and make it easy to get done quick! The journaling reads: "... from the very beginning you have been my best friend and now to see you with our little munchkins always makes me so grateful for your presence.. you are the best dad: always nourishing, fun, patient, sweet and full of quiet wisdome - we love you!" ---- this is fun of my fave layouts that I have done and I can't wait to give it to him - which will be today - since I can't wait till Father's Day!!!

I love the #1 dad sentiment! The star that holds that sentiment is also layered onto a metallic sheet. Love how the metal sheet makes the whole layout bright, shiny and fun :)

I also wanted to display it in the house - so I used the awesome calendar stand that has 6x6 page protectors and 2 hanging binders. I love this stand and it makes displaying your craft work so much fun and easily changeable - just insert a new page - and instantly - a new look!


Taylor is going to be offering a special on the Boys will be Boys set from the stamps, to the metal sheets, to the charms etc. - here's the scoop on the bundle - also don't forget to check out my amazing fellow DT members from Taylor's Baker's Dozen:
Thank you so much for checking out my little corner :)
Ciao for now,
Sankari :)

PS - Don't forget to check back tomorrow for Day 3 of sneak peeks! AND both of these sets and Key Ingredients kit and Father's Day bundle will be available for purchase on Tuesday, May 5th at 8am PST !!!!!

18 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

You've done it again..amazing! The food on the grill looks good enough to eat! Love the double-ended pennant sentiment too.

The scrapbook page....well, I just totally need to CASE that because it ROCKS!!

Jami said...

Wow your grill is awesome and I absolultey love the spatula charm on the button!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh WOW! Girl, you are UBER talented! That grill card is AMAZING!! Holy hanna! LOVE the scrapbook page also! FABULOUSNESS in every possible way!!

Heather said...

Amazing card! that stamp set is too cute! Great job!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Love the card and scrap book page... great colors and of course cute TE images... TFS!

Taylor said...

Super amazing fabulousness, Sankari! Your grill looks so real on that first card... great coloring! And your scrapbook page is so sweet! What a wonderful keepsake for your hubby!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness Sankari! That card is amazing...love the plate you created and the yummy looking food on the BBQ! LOVE IT!

Your scrapbook page is amazing too!

Karen Giron said...

I AM!!! Can we start a support group? I look forward to your sneak peek, Sankari - you are SO creative. I'm loving the button plate, so fun!!

Donna Baker said...

WOW! you went out all out again!! I love the realistic grill on your card (bet your FIL will adore it) and your page is spectacular!

Ann said...

Fabulous guy stuff! That card is the best--love the plaid!

scubasubie said...

OMG that grill is perfect!!! I love that card. its so manly and cute! great idea

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

More FABULOUSNESS!!! ( I think I made that word up...hahaha)

xx SJK

The Mama Monkey said...

OMW those charms are too cute! Love your card and that scrapbook page is to die for! Amazing!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Sankari, you are AMAZING! WOW! I could just pick something right off that grill! Fabulous! LOVE the scrapbook page too!

scubasubie said...

OK too evil! I got the boys will be boys bundle.... and other stuff! I think I am IN LOVE with taylored expressions. Also got a friend hooked too. THank you again for all your inspirations.

Brooke S said...

Love everything! Keith will love the page.. I remember thinking how sweet those pics were on your FB from your trip to FL...

Just so you know.... You are a crazy women.... How are to getting everything done?????

Miss YA
HUGE hugs DOC...
Brooke

Tlbran said...

Your card is awesome! Your food looks so real! Love the golf card! That set looks like so much fun!

Naomi said...

That grill card is WOW, SUPER WOW!!! I can't get over how genius you are making that plate out of a button. That flipper charm is amazing! Such a great 'man card'! My hubby is amazing on the grill, everyone loves to come when we grill out, I need this set for cards for him!