Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cinema Saturday #35 - Some Like It Hot



Good Morning Everyone,

Welcome to our 35th Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - where today, we are featuring the 1959 Oscar winning movie: Some Like it Hot, which has won an Oscar for best costume design and won 10 other nominations. It was voted #1 on the American Film Institute's list of 100 Funniest Movies!! Wow! Number 1! Well, we couldn't wait to feature a number one movie! If you haven't seen this movie - your local library store might have it. And if you can't find it, you can find snippets of the song and movie on Youtube. We hope that you have a chance to see this movie and see these legendary actors shake it up!'

Well, I have to say that I was at a little loss where to start creating a card from this movie! It was a challenge for me to find a starting point - so I started by watching one of my fave scenes - Jack Lemmon disguised as a woman Daphne, dancing the tango with Super Millionaire:L Osgood Fielding the third! It cracked me up how into Daphne (aka Jack lemmon he was) and how in the first part of her tango with him s/he wasn't really into it and kept "leading" him - but by the end - s/he was totally tangoing it up! I just thought his character was hilarious in the movie - especially that s/he Daphne is really into being engaged... ha! Lemmon is hilarious comic actor.


Card Details:
Paper: Stash
Ink: Stazon Black
Stamps: Just Rite (Times font)
Accessories: velvet ribbon stitched to create a ruffle, other ribbons from stash, beads from stash, tacky red tape, flowers from stash (bling and brad too)


This comedic duo just had me cracking up. I love the way they were trying to walk in heels and then wondering if women have "Jello-in their springs" to make them move like that in heels :) The other funny part to me was how Jack (whose female character is Daphne) gets engaged to Osgood Feilding III and when he tells his partner Joe about it here is the exchange between them from Wikipediia:

Joe: [trying to get Jerry to face reality regarding his engagement to Osgood] Jerry, Jerry, will you take my advice? Forget about the whole thing, will ya? Just keep telling yourself: you're a boy, you're a boy.
Jerry: I'm a boy.
Joe: That's the boy.
Jerry: [coming around] I'm a boy. I'm a boy. I wish I were dead. I'm a boy. Boy, oh boy, am I a boy. Now, what am I gonna do about my engagement present?
Joe: What engagement present?
Jerry: Osgood gave me a bracelet.
Joe: [takes it and inspects the stones with Beinstock's glasses] Hey, these are real diamonds!
Jerry: Of course they're real! What do you think? My fiance is a bum?

I made this card using the You're a Star Sketch Challenge over at Paper Craft Planet and created the sentiment: Care to Tango? I loved expressions on Jack Lemmon's face throughout the dance - you can watch clip of the dance on YouTube especially when the switch roses in the mouth.

Hope you have a chance to play along with us this week! For more information and to see what the rest of the crew has been up to - please check out the scoop over at the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog!

Thank you so much for coming over for a visit!
See you at the movies
Hugs to All,
Sankari :)

8 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

SANKARI!!!! It is not fair that one person has soooooooooooooooo much talent!!!! OMG... you are truly amazing and your card..... STUNNING!!!

Hugs
xx SJK

Tanya said...

I think this is AWESOME!!!
...I'm also thinking I need to hit the library. Its been too long since I've seen this.

Donna Baker said...

SWEEEET!

Tlbran said...

Awesome! Love the strands of pearls you added! I don't think I have seen this movie but I will definately have to go and look for it!

gale said...

Wow that is so fancy! I love it-love all the bling on it. The hanging beads are perfect!

Naomi said...

Very, very cool...I mean HOT!!! Love the dangling beads!

The Mama Monkey said...

OMW this is the best yet! I love the hanging beads!! What a clever idea!

Carol Dunstan said...

love your card, the dangly beads are fantastic and love the sentiment :)