Friday, June 19, 2009

KW Color Inspriation #54 - Miracles

Good Evening Everyone,

As soon as I saw Kristina's challenge for her Color Inspiration Challenge #55 this week - I had to play - I literally dropped the piles of laundry and went right to my craft corner - (and really it wasn't that hard to drop a pile of laundry :)

These colors are so uber fabulous and I adore those shoes!! I love it! The inspiration for these colors come from Kristina's bosses skirt and her bosses shoes - (lovin' those shoes!)

These colors reminded me of the Ambrosia papers from Basic Grey - so I pulled it out and made a quick card because I have still a ton of cleaning to do before we have a houseful of visitors tomorrow (literally 19 minutes - ) and snapped a quick pic - sorry about the quality of this picture - still trying to figure out nighttime photography (will take a better pic in the morning). I love the way that Jenn did the ribbons in this lovely card of hers - and totally wanted to try it! Thanks so much for the inspiration Jen :)

Card Details:
Paper: Basic Grey Ambrosia papers
Ink: Really Rust from SU!, Martha Stewart Grey
Stamps: Faith and Hope from Taylored Expressions
Accessories: Spellbinders, Kaiser pearls, Casa Collection ribbon, Butterfly punch from Martha Stewart, tacky tape

I am sorry that everything is so quick - I would love to play with these colors more if I have a chance. We are going to be having a lot of visitors coming in this weekend for the next two weeks - so I off I go back to those piles of laundry that I keep trying to ignore :) lol!

Thanks so much for visiting my little corner!!
Many hugs to all!!
Sankari :)

20 comments:

Britta Swiderski said...

Ahh gorgeous! I love the BG papers. I would've used them myself if I would've had that collection around. Thanks for sharing- you card is gorgeous!

Kara said...

Really pretty. I love your ribbon technique!
Kara

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Stunning, Beautiful, Gorgeous!!!

Totally worth dropping a pile of laundry!!!

hoping to play with this challenge after netball today.

xx
SJK

Tlbran said...

WOW! You made that in 19 minutes? It takes me that long to settle on the colors or paper I want to use!

Amazing card! Love the ribbon folded along the side and the gorgeous butterfly.

Carol Dunstan said...

~thud~

did you hear that? That was my jaw hitting the floor. This card is GORGEOUS! The paper is perfect, the butterflies delicate and lovely and the ribbon is just wonderful!

Meredith said...

Beautiful card! It would have taken me nineteen minutes just to get that ribbon on there!

Sharnee Torrents said...

This is one of those cards that i'd want to frame and look at it forever!! THe amazing detail (surely this really took you longer than 19 mins!!??) THose butterflies are amazing and the paper and the ribbon... yep it's a winner for me!!! Well done, really WOnderful!! xx

Stacey Schafer said...

Wow! With that yummy paper and ribbon treatment, this is a beauty...a top pick in my eyes!

Ronni said...

awesome job as always!

Ann said...

Absolutely beautiful! Great job with those colors.

Maureen P said...

Love the sentiment and ribbon...gorgeous!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Oh my word, that PP is incredible for the inspiration. Wonderful job & well worth "laundry-on-hold"

Winter said...

WOW, this is amazing!! That paper is perfecr for the challenge and I love the ribbon! Top pick for sure! :)

Karen said...

Divine!! You're right, Ambrosia really does fit the bill! Love your popped butterflies and that ribbon really is stunning!! :>

(Oh yea......made my bookmark for the challenge with a load of laundry waiting to be folded too! :> lol)

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! Great job with the inspiration challenge! That paper looks just like the skirt, wowza!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun ribbon and pearl accents. Great job with the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Traveling Mama said...

Oh my! This has to be in the top pick for sure! GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness Sankari just look at this gorgeous detail of ribbon you made. It looks delicious and good enough to taste. What a gorgeous card! Have a great week!

The Dingbat (Adrienne) said...

WOW WOW WOW, I am in LOVE with this card, great job again!

Savitri said...

So so cute!!! LOVE it! I was so looking for that pattern paper but could not find it for the life of me.

Oh, I haven't been a good blog friend. My blog hopping has been oh so limited. LOVE LOVE LOVE your stuff tho as always and looking forward to what you have for the next round at 2sketches!!!