Monday, June 1, 2009

Create a Holiday Card with Numbers!


Good Monday Morning Everyone,

Happy June 1st!!!! Can you believe its JUNE!!!! We are half way through 2009 and I am psyched to have almost 20 holiday cards - thanks to Maria's inspiration to start a blog where we do different challenges every week to make holiday cards all year long: known as the Christmas Stampin All Year Long Blog!

Today is Monday and that means its time for another card from the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog - where today - I am your hostess!!! I thought for Challenge #19! to mix it up a little and have some fun with numbers :)!!! So the challenge is to create a card where you use numbers (either in the embellishment, stamps, paper, etc) as the main focus of the creation :) As soon as I thought of that and sent it to Maria - our awesome blog coordinator /creator/genius :) I suddenly panicked and thought... Uh-Oh, I don't think I want to play along in my own challenge :) because suddenly it felt a little hard to figure out what to do with numbers - 
 but I tried by playing around on my computer and came up with this card that is for Season's Greetings All Year Long (24-7-365 meaning: 24 hours of the day, 7 days a week, 365 days in a year). I downloaded a calendar for December from this site and flourished it up with a little blue flourish and added a little pinkish red dot on the 25th of December for accent. The Tree is a craft stamp and paper pieced and is a Tara Reed Design from Janlynn. Oh and by the way - I just found out that Janlynn is having a HUGE blowout sale - I mean huge!!! Check it out!!

This tree is part of a 7 tree cluster craft stamp called Joyful Trees but I just used one for this card and embellished it with some pink rhinestones. I had to use some liquid pearl (I tried my best not to... but I couldn't resist!!! lol!) and created a little half circle element with the liquid pearls and some glitter :)

Card Details:
Paper: Scenic Route (Sonoma) and 
Ink: Martha Steward Brown
Accessories: RicRac ribbon from stash, silver marker, Kaiser Rhinestones, Martha Green Agate glittler, liquid pearls, dimensionals
Show Watched: Pride & Prejudice for the 400th time :)

I hope you play along! It's really been helping each week to add a card to my holiday card pile :) yay! I am psyched to be able to actually have cards to give out during the holidays :) yay :) unlike last year where it was just a last minute holiday shopping, wrapping, crafting frenzy ... ugh!

Check out all the fun numbered creations from the lovely ladies over at the Christmas Stampin All Year Long blog!!!

Hope your Monday is off to a great start!!!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!!
Ciao for now :)
Sankari 

17 comments:

Nandi said...

Love the card! I always enjoy seeing what kind of cards you come up with!

Hugs & Kisses!
Ananda

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Lovely as always Sankari. Hope you are well.

xx SJK

Tina said...

Sankari - this challenge was fun thanks for the inspiration. I am looking forward to your other challenges on the CSAYL blog -

bye for now fellow sistah...
tina
mommyscrapsalot.blogspot.com

Tlbran said...

What a great idea for a challenge! Your card is so cute! I love the tree and all the dimensions you added.

Jodi said...

Love your take on the challenge!! Perfect card for the holidays with a calendar on it!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Little C's Creations said...

Great job on your own challenge, Sankari!! Funny that you wanted to back out... sometimes it's like that. LOL... well, glad that you pulled through tho'! Great job!!

Hugs,
Jen

Tanya said...

I think its fabulous! (that cracks me up that you were intimidated by your own challenge!)

Cathy said...

This is so pretty!! I love your card and the challenge was great!!

Hugs, Cathy

Juana Elena said...

Wooow,todo hermoso Sankari,saludos desde México,tu blog es bellisimo,felicidades.....

Juana Elena said...

Muy bellos trabajos Sankari,tu blog es hermoso,saludos desde México...

Maria said...

Hey Sankari!! YOu came up with such a fantastic challenge this week. It was different and I love different. Sometimes different can be challenging to others but I love surprises! Thanks for your great idea!

Your card is fantastic. . .perfect for your challenge. I love the calendar idea and I love all the details on your card. You always come with such innovative cards!!

Can't wait to see what challenge you come up with next!! Again, thank you for hosting each month!!

Maria

Donna Baker said...

you go with the 20 Christmas cards! they are fabulous! I hope I get one this year *wink*

Anonymous said...

Great card. I think it would be hard to use numbers on a card unless it was a birthday card. You did an awesome job.

Shari said...

Great Job Sankari!

inlovestamping said...

Great card. I love the calendar idea. Super cute!

CathyRose said...

I love using numbers in art. You did a beautiful job on this. Your ideas are always so fresh!

gale said...

What a great idea for a Christmas card!