Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You Float My Boat

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope your hump day Wednesday is going well! I have a quick little post of a card that I made using the Beach Bum stamps from Taylored Expressions for a special person who totally floats my boat, using Taylor's Friday Cupcake sketch from last week. I made a card using this sketch before with this card - but I really loved this sketch and it kept looking like those circles were portholes - so I went with a nautical themed card (wow! this is the longest sentence evah!) I really had a lot of fun using the scraps from my overflowing scrap basket which is now in a box - and also I found these fun big brads while cleaning up! (bonus!)


Here is a closer look at the little cuppie sailing the 7 seas - isn't he just sooo cute on that boat! I added some crystal effects on the ocean and on the sails and sponged the sides and added a little liquid pearl to the card (couldn't resist ;)

Check out all the awesome things that are on SALE over at Taylored Expressions!! Taylor is having a moving sale and there are a ton of items that are awesomely marked off!!! I love shopping in my PJs in bed!  ;)

Well, I am off to get my laptop repaired - it has crashed and it looks like my harddrive is gone... :( so I am going to go and show it to someone to help me (heLp!!)  I am using my DH's to type this.....So for all of you reading this - make sure you back up your stuff on your computer! I even had a MAC and it crashed.. ugh! <--- that is the pit in my stomach... hopefully something can be salvaged!

Wish me luck on salvaging something from my laptop!
 
Wishing you all a very happy Wednesday!
hugs to all!
Sankari :)

14 comments:

Margaret de Witt said...

Seriously, where do you get your creativity? and working out of the closet now of all things LOL You really make my jaw drop in wonder Sankari.

Incredible work. Truly, thank you so much for sharing your talent through your blog.

Carol Dunstan said...

this is fantastic! Love the crystal effects, the portholes, the ribbon... but I think the best bit (and this might sound odd) is the yellow liquid pearls - I love how they tie the yellow cardstock behind the main image to make a smooth design

AUsome mom said...

WOW! This card is so stinkin' fun!! Love the portholes. Good luck with your puter!

~amy~ said...

soooo fun & fabulous..your cards are always sooo full of wonderful details!

The Mama Monkey said...

Those brads are just PERFECT for the card! What a find in your stash!! Absolutely beautiful!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Gorgeoous AGAIN Sankari!!! Just gorgeous.... so is Mr Cuppie there sailing all the way over to Oz... hahahaha. It really is lovely.

xx SJK

Yvette said...

Awesome card!!! Great job!!!

Naomi said...

Wow!!! Your details again! I love the little cupcake happily sailing along!!! the grommets in the side look amazing!

Justine said...

What a Fantastic Card, love all of the dimension and color

Ann said...

Ugh, sorry to hear about your computer woes! Hope everything's fixable!

Your card is adorable! How cute is that little cuppie sailor?!

Radha said...

O sweet Cupcake!!!
I hope your comp is ok.
if not you know you can and will come here, this craft corner is always open for you!

BTW The cards a re great!
Yes Girl it is all thumps up!!!
Much love:)

Leeci said...

What an absolutely adorable card! Just too cute! Love how the sails pop out and the brads (I thought they were washers from the hardware store when I first seen them!). Great job! Love it! Thanks for sharing.
Leeci

Donna Baker said...

how cute! I hope you got your laptop working by now!!

CathyRose said...

Adorable, love the portholes! You are so creative!