Monday, June 15, 2009

Holiday Mondays - Eyelet Challenge

Good Monday Morning Everyone,

Its Monday and that means its time for another holiday card challenge from the Christmas Stampin All Year Long Blog and the challenge today comes from Debbie who challenged us to use our eyelets! I always forget what a fun embellishment eyelets are - and I wanted to share that ALL the eyelets on my card were hammered in by my son who is four (I thought for sure he was going to hammer my fingers - but he did a good job with them eyelets! ! He calls them eyeballs though :) (my favorite thing he said was - "I think we need to put more eyeballs on your card"  :) ha!

I had a lot of fun making this card and feel so happy to be part of this awesome blog where we knock one more holiday card off our "to-do" list so that we can enjoy the holidays without the pressure to make a zillion christmas cards two days before the 25th - (yes - that is what happened to me this year - and I am psyched that halfway through this year - I have a nice stack of holiday cards ready! yay!) I am never this organized!



Card Details: 
Paper: K&Company, Martha Stewart and stash
Ink: MOre Mustard from SU!
Stamps: Beary Special from Taylored Expressions
Accessories: Ribbon from K & Company, eyelets from stash, spellbinders dies, corner rounder, sponger, dimensionals, vellum, gold stickles for halo and platinum stickles for ears, Kaiser Rhinestones, Crystal Effects.
Technique - Paper Piecing and sponging'
Show watched while crafting: The Agatha Christie Hour on Youtube - I am HOOKED!

This is one of my favorite images from Taylor's new stamp release Beary Special from Taylored Expressions - and I have to say - that I have been itching to make a holiday bear card as soon as I saw this set. I paper pieced his little teddy pear paws and after adding some stickles to ear and halo  - I also added some crystal effects to nose and eyes and couldn't help adding some to the paws - man that stuff is addictive!!

If you have a chance to play along with us that would be awesome!! Its really a great motivating factor every week to be part of a holiday stamping group through the year! Check out the rest of the awesome merry and bright  creations at the Christmas Stampin All Year Long blog!!

Thank you all for visiting my blog!!! Stop by later as I have another post with some special treats coming up later!
Happy Monday!
Hugs! Sankari :)



11 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! Love your card! I love the eyelets in the scallops! Thqank you so much for playing along with my challenge.

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, Sankari! Your card is awesome! That bear is adorable and I just love, love, love what you did with the eyelets. I love the pretty dp that you used too! Such pretty patterns. Your cards always amaze me!

I'm sorry I've been MIA on my commenting! Oh gawd, it's been so busy the past month and I am so happy that it's summer. I have a lot of catching up to do!!

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Maria

Cathy said...

This is so pretty!!! I love the image and your coloring is great!! Hugs, Cathy

Saskia said...

Lovely card... so beautiful and sweet!!

Saskia :)

Jodi said...

Very pretty card!! I love your layout and color choices. You make the most creative cards!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

April said...

I love it!!! That little bear is just adorable... I can't wait to get that set and the accessories set. Keep the beautiful Christmas cards coming. I love to see what you create every week.

inlovestamping said...

Adorable!! The bear is too cute!!

Michelle said...

What a cute card - the bear is adorable! And I love how you put eyelets in your scallop border!!

Justine said...

This is adorable, This looks like it is going to be a really fun new set

gale said...

What a cutie!! This reminds me that I have an OLD SU bear set that I need to use.

Tlbran said...

What a cute card! That bear is so cute! I love the scallop border you made with the eyelets.