Sunday, June 14, 2009

KW Color Challenge - Believe in Your Dreams

Good Morning Everyone,

I was so psyched to have a chance in Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge #54 this week - look at these awesome colors together! It looks like summer fun! She got the inspiration for these colors from a fabric for a carseat from her friend Adrienne- wow - wish we had a fun carseat covers like this - instead of Graco gray!


For this card - I used Julee's Sketch challenge #90 and her new stamps for this card. I love this set and paper pieced the balloons with different DP. I tried to keep most of the card white and just have bits of color - can you believe its a card sans liquid pearls? I tried to keep it clean and simple. There is some crystal effects on the baskets of the balloons and also some on the clouds along with some coarse glitter.

I had a lot of fun making this card and using up some DP from my stash that seems to actually increase in size and not decrease no matter how much I try to use it up!



Card Details:
Paper: stash (I think the green and blue bits are from K&Company)
Ink: Taken With Teal from SU!
Stamps: Up Up and Away from Verve
Accessories: brads, ribbon, scallop SU punch, circle punch from CM, crystal effects, sponger, coarse glitter

Well, I am about to go plunge into the exciting world of laundry and sunday pick up now - yes - I know - its a very glamorous life! Hope you are all having a fabu sunday!

Thanks for visiting my little corner!
Ciao for now :)
Sankari :)


30 comments:

Anonymous said...

those ballons are beautiful Sankari! I love that stamp set, it is so imagnative! My little nessie would love those flying over his head! have a great day Sankari, I so love hearing from you! Hugs ~Donna

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Beautiful Sankari. I just KNEW you'd love this challenge, given GREEN GALORE was one of the colours. Your card is gorgeous... and I really LOVE that stamp set. It's amazing.

xx SJK

Maureen P said...

What a fun card...feel like I'm up in the air!! Thanks for your kind words about my card for Cinema Sunday :)

Shannan Teubner said...

Ooohhh this is beautiful!! I love it!

Frogs-n-Butterflies said...

I love these stamps and how you used them in this card!!! The colors are so soft and pretty! And the glitter...well, anything with glitter melts me! :)

I have an award for you over on my blog! Thanks for your inspiring creations!!!
:D Cheri

Francis Civira said...

Beautiful Sankari!
Great card, so sweet and a lot of beautiful details.
Thanks for sharing

~amy~ said...

gorgeous....congrats on the 2s4y Top 20!!!!

Carol Dunstan said...

beautiful card, the colours work so naturally on it. Love how you tweaked the sketch too

Regan said...

so beautiful...I see you are still in at 2s4u..I'm rooting for ya!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous! I am lovin those balloons at the moment!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Gorgeous, Sankari! What a beauty stamp set & sparkling clouds.

Winter said...

So cute! Love the hot air ballons!

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the sparkle on the clouds!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! Just gorgeous, Sankari! Love the colors and papers you used!

Anonymous said...

Super super cute card. I love the balloons. The glitter is a great touch.

Naomi said...

I LOVE your hot air balloon stamps! Great color combo. Oh, and we have boring car seats, too. Eddie Bauer Black! I want bright ones now!

Elise said...

WOW! What a gorgeous card! Congratulations!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

CONGRATULATIONS CONGRATULATIONS CONGRATULATIONS!!!! oooohh that was a bit loud wasn't it. Congrats on your TOP 10 pick. Your card of course was gorgeous and a very deserving winner.

xx SJK

Winter said...

Congrats on top pick! :)

Virginia L. said...

FANTASTIC design . The card is simply "devine"...Congrat on your top-10 pick for the #54 color challenge!

Virginia L. said...

FANTASTIC design . The card is simply "devine"...Congrat on your top-10 pick for the #54 color challenge!

Virginia L. said...

FANTASTIC design . The card is simply "devine"...Congrat on your top-10 pick for the #54 color challenge!

Virginia L. said...

FANTASTIC design . The card is simply "devine"...Congrat on your top-10 pick for the #54 color challenge!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sankari! Great card! Love the clouds!!!

Bianca said...

Wow, what a beautiful card!

Greetings from Germany, Bianca

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS SANKARI I just knew you'd win this challenge! hugs~Donna

Brenda said...

adorable card! I love those hot air balloons. I totally hear you on the patterned paper stash problem. Mine keeps growing too. I love how you used it to piece your balloons.

Anthonette said...

I love every single detail on this card. It's fabulous! Congrats on Kristina's Top 10, my dear!!!!!

Traveling Mama said...

Congrats on top pick! Love your card as always!

The Dingbat (Adrienne) said...

Fabulous card Sankari! I loved seeing all the great cards done from the carseat cover, your's is no exception, really amazing!