Thursday, June 11, 2009

2 Sketches 4 you - Top 30 - Round 2


Good Afternoon Everyone,

As most of you know I have loved playing along with Laura and Kazan at 2 Sketches 4 You and their awesome DT's past and present with their beautiful sketches and their awesome inspiring creations of art and I can't even tell you HOW blown away and completely honored I was to be picked to be in the Top 30 with such amazing paper crafters for the first annual Ultimate Card Showdown in Celebration of their first Blogaversary. Wow - I am still reeling! Thank you so much Kazan, Laura and all the fabulous judges for this honor!

So for round 2 - we have this beautiful sketch to work with - and I had so much fun working on this sketch :)

 I used the sentiment: from Rabindranath Tagore who wrote the national anthem for India and whose visionary works earned him the Nobel Prize in 1913. This sentiment reads: "Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark." My father used to repeat this quote to me growing up - and I have remembered it during some dark moments in my life - its always taught me to trust, hope and believe.


Here is a close up peek at the stamped sentiment and the cut out bird (the bird is cut out from the designer paper) and I put the little birdie in a nest on paper clip from Spare Parts. 

Here is a closer look at the dimensions of the card. The tree house was stamped and paper pieced, sponged and then "hung" onto the tree with some embroidery thread. The birds are actually on the designer paper (Urban Prairie from Basic Grey) and I cut them out and popped them on dimensionals. The little flowers in the grass are also cut out from one of the papers in the pack, sponged and then popped up on dimensionals.


Here is another close up - facing the front of the card with some of the bling in the tree. I loved popping these flower bling (from my bling stash box) and after putting everything together - I put some liquid pearl (red) on the flowers on the bottom and some Diamond stickles on the little birdies. 

Card Details:
Paper: Basic Grey (Urban Prairie) and the blue/black and white cardstock are from stash
Ink: Stazon Black and Martha Stewart Brown
Accessories: Circle cutter from Creative memories, dimensionals, corner rounder, sponger, paper clips from Spare Parts, silver marker, embroidery string, prisma color pencils, ribbon from stash
Technique: Paper piecing (everything from the birds (the birds were images on the paper - that I also cut out and adhered ontop of the same image with dimensionals), the leaves, tree leaves all paper pieced, scalloped grass with corner rounder

This sentiment always brings me hope and deep contentment - and making this card with this sentiment in the back of mind was a really beautiful process :)  I simply loved making this card and feel just completely in awe to be part of this wonderful group of stampers. You can check out the rest of the Top 30 gallery here  - these ladies are simply amazing! I am totally inspired by their creations!

Sending everyone lots of good luck and cheer! Total honor to be with you all!!

Thank you so much for coming over to my little blog :)
Sunny smiles and hugs :)
Sankari 



51 comments:

Justine said...

I am blown away!!! And this my dear is why you are in the TOP 30!! Good Luck and Congratulations

Deanna said...

Like wow! This is amazing!

Unknown said...

Sankari I have this stamp - thank you so much for the inspiration - it is GORGEOUS.
Good Luck
Hugs
Kazan & Laura

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Your cards just take my breath away! They are stunning! Awesome work!! :)
I love visiting your blog!!!

cnelson said...

ohhhhhhhhh this is perfectly PERFECT! A real winner! I'm in awe! Love the sentiment and everything else about this wonderful card!!!

Donna Baker said...

CONGRATULATIONS, my friend! I ADORE your card, as usual-I love all the colors, textures & dimension!

Brooke S said...

This can NOT be the card you were having issues with last night... It totally ROCK! I'ts so dang adorable.. I love all the little birds and bird house. The Tree is so colorful and 3-d....I just love all the attention to detail you always add...

Just GORGEOUS!

(((HUGS)))

Kathryn said...

Sankari--

This card is magnificent. Everything from the quote to your artistry is pure poetry.

Thank you so very much for sharing with us.

--Kathryn

Sherri said...

I love the way you use pattern paper and dimension in your projects! ...you're just so talented!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Wow! Sankari, you knocked this one out of the ballpark!! You're a shoe-in for the Top 20!

Latisha said...

Sankari,
This card is so beautiful in so many different ways, I just adore it!
hugs,
latisha

Dawn said...

this is just stunning! Amazing!!!

Amy C said...

What a FABULOUS card!! I love the image and sentiment...they are prefect. AWESOME JOB!!

Randee E said...

This card is a work of art!! It should be framed - just gorgeous!! My favorite part is the scalloped and layered ground. Good luck this week!

danni reid. said...

THIS is so perfection, loooove it!

~amy~ said...

good grief, this is full of fabulous details!!!! Good Luck!!

Cindy Lee said...

Oh wow! You blew me away with your card, Sankari! I loved how you always embellish your card in such a creative way! I think you are gonna make it to top 20! Good luck!

Vanessa said...

Wow this has got to be one of the most amazing cards I have ever seen, Simply amazing!!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is an amazing work of art! I love everything about it...especially that beautiful quote!

Martha said...

This is just stunning!! LOVE this card!! Good luck!!!!!
Martha

Ingrid said...

Stunning card, Sankari. I love everything! Good luck!

Joke said...

I hope you'll bring it to the next round. Love your card.

anja curvers said...

Wow I'm blown away this is so beautiful love everything about it so much details.

claudia shadler said...

Whoa! Super adorable and colorful! I LOVE it! That red bow is perfect! I like the idea of a paper clip! Very creative Sankari!

Clouds :D

Saskia said...

WOW!!!! Gorgeous card!!! So beautiful and unique!!! I wish you good luck!!

Saskia :)

Eveline said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love all the details on your card.
Eveline.

AUsome mom said...

Oh my. This card is just to fantabulous! And the sentiment is just perfect. I'm so glad you were inspired by the sentiment and by the memories of your dad. It really shows in this incredible card. Great job and good luck!!

Ann said...

Sankari, I'm speechless. All those amazing details just blow my mind, and that sentiment is truly inspiring. I'm blessed to know someone with such talent. YOU ROCK!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

WOW! Absolutely beautiful! So creative... love the TE images you used... good luck! :o)

~Tammy~ said...

Absolutely Stunning Card!!!! It is so beautiful!

Randee E said...

I think this card is just absolutely beautiful - really a work of art! My favorite part is the scalloped ground. Reminds me of a beloved old quilt :0)

Unknown said...

Holy Hannah...girl this card is absolutley beautiful!!! Amazing

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is beautiful Sankari! Love all the little details with the birds and bling! Definitely a winner in my eyes! Congrats, and good luck!

Kim Sonksen said...

I don't know what to say - this card is just out of this world. The layers and dimension are stunning!

Anonymous said...

My mouth dropped!! Its very rarely that I see a card that does that!! You will go on to the next round!! I'm sure!!!

Ginny Larsen said...

i LOVE this card... it's totally gonna make the next round. that BG paper has to be some of my favorite... and you make it look so good here on your card :D congrats on making the top 30!

Eva said...

WOW!!!!! What a gorgeous piece of art this is!! Truly!!!! There are so many gorgeous details on your card! Your work just amazes me! Best wishes to you!

Unknown said...

Awesome card!!!
I love everything about it.
Good luck with the competition :)

The Mama Monkey said...

You have outdone yourself!! Awesome card...just breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

WOW, there is so much fun stuff going on with this card, but I'm so in love with that big red bow!!! Good luck :)

Angie Tieman said...

Wowzers! This is amazing!! I love that tree and the birds and the rolling hills, sooo amazing!

Jo said...

this is just stunning, a truly awesome card

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

This card is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jeanette Wallén said...

Wow, what a fantastic card!! Congratulations!!! :D Well deserved!

Libby Hickson said...

Sankari this card is SO amazing! I don't see how you possibly won't win the entire thing, your talent just blows me away!! Love this soooo much!!

cnelson said...

I just wanted to stop by again and congratulate you on making it to the Top 20!! your card was exquisite!!

anja curvers said...

Congrats on being on the top 20 and much luck for the next round.

Made by Mandy said...

Congratulations for making it into the top 20 !!!

Good luck for the next stage, you've got another fabulous sketch to work with. Looking forward to seeing your card :)

Martha said...

Congratulations on making the top 20!! Good luck for the next round!
Martha

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Love this tree! Gorgeous card. Good luck with the next round.
x Natasha x

Naomi said...

Speechless! The little bird on the clip over the ribbon? I never think of details like that! Congrats, it's well deserved!