Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Taylored Expressions - Day One of Sneak Peeks!!!

Good Morning Everyone!

I got a makeover! Well, my blog got a makeover :) Thanks to the creative genius of Nancy McKinney!! Nancy is also the designer artiste for the stamps that the Taylored Expressions Design Team will be previewing sneak peeks for today!

Today starts the first of the three days of sneak peeks! Can I tell HOW excited I am to be able to show you Taylor's newest stamp sets that will released this Friday, June 5th at 8am PST and will be available at the Taylored Expressions Store!!! Seriously - all of these June release stamp sets are beautiful and adorable!!!


Okay - so this is going to be a long post - so grab a cup of chai and a cupcake!

The set that we are previewing today is called Beary Special and the Beary Special Accessories stamp sets. These two sets are part of the charitable program called the Taylored Expressions Giving Tree. A portion of the proceeds from each stamp set will be donated to the Hospital for Sick Children (Sick Kids) - which is a health care community dedicated to improving the health of children. You can check out more details on Taylor's blog post today - and also stop by our stamp designer (and blog makeover artiste extraordinaire!!) Nancy McKinny's blog today as well - and read how her family was directly helped by this amazing organization!
I absolutely ADORE this stamp set - seriously - I couldn't stop using it in projects... they are beary stinkin' cute!!!! These sets are so versatile - you can use them in every project :) and as you can see - I couldn't resist with just one sneak peek sample :)

1. Baby Shower Teddy Bear Gift bag with card:
This is made for a dear friend of mine who is expecting a wee little boy wonder soon! It was so nice to know that it is a boy (I could actually throw a little blue in the mix and not just the neutral green and yellow :)

Below is a sneak peek of the bag (a regular brown bag from the craft section). I love all these beautiful images of the different teddy bears and stuffed animals that are available as part of this stamp set - they are so cute!!

Here is a closer sneak peek at the card for the baby shower - It shows one of the bears from the set - holding a little sign from the set that says "sweet little one" - I love this jolly little teddy bear guy - so cute!! I used a layout that I saw on the lovely Jodi's blog for this card to make my card - but instead of Jodi's awesome piercings - I went with my addiction with liquid pearls :) lol!

Here is a closer sneak peek at my sneak peek :) I added some crystal effects to his nose and to the sign.

Card Details:
Paper: Martha Stewart
Ink: Stazon Black, Adirondack Expresso
Stamps: Beary Special, Beary Special Accessories (available June 5th)
Accessories: Corner Rounder, Kaiser Rhinestones, Buttons, Star punch, liquid pearls, circle cutters, Prisma Color Pencils, Crystal Effects, Crystal Stickles.

2. In Honor of Harold our Teddy Bear :)

Ever since our son was 2 days old - Harold has been there for him :). Harold is the cutest little bear that was given to us by Caty - one of our dearest family friends. My son adores Harold - he comes with us on all of our travels and has a special place on the bed. Here is a little layout of Harold and my son at 4 months and then at 4 years old. This is a 6x6 layout and fits perfectly into the Calendar stand that you can then display around the house:
I made this page using the March Key Ingredients set - which already comes with papers, buckles, ribbon, cardstock with coordinating design papers. The chipboard is from American Crafts.

I love this little bear and I love that the Beary Accessories Stamp set comes with a scarf!!! How perfect because it totally looks like Harold now with a matching scarf :)

Card Details:
Ink: Stazon Black, Adirondack Expresso
Stamps: Beary Special, Beary Special Accessories (available June 5th)
Accessories: Corner Rounder, white gel pen, silver marker, everything else comes with March Key Ingredients kit.

3. Birthday Bear Card:
I simply love the versatility of this set. By pairing it with different papers - there are so many different looks that you can create :) Here is a little birthday card for a little boy using the Beary Special and Beary Special Accessories stamp set. I used the TECC69 sketch from Taylor - but kinda got carried away with adorning all the corners instead of one :) - couldn't help it - I had such a ball making this card and adding the glitter and crystal effects to the ballon :)
Everything in this card is paper pieced. The bear, the presents, the bows on the presents. The present is part of the Beary Special Accessories stamp set. All of it was paper pieced :)

4. Keep Truckin :
This week the 3D challenge at Paper Craft Planet was to create a truck - and I couldn't think of anything cuter than a little bear in a truck - (love the bow tie and hat that the Beary Special Accessories stamp set has!). You can check out all the details here about how to create this fun truck. You can attach a little gift card on the back of this truck - so its a little truck bringing a little present :)

5. Believe Bear Card:

Okay - really - how could I not create one more card when there is this sweeeeeet image of wings and wand - I couldn't resist!!! And when I saw that there was a sentiment that read: Believe - I knew that I had to use it with my winged bear - there are so many kinds of cards that you can make with this - something for a child, something for someone who is going through a rough time - something just to lift the spirits:

Card Details:
Paper: Martha Stewart
Ink: Adirondack Expresso, SU! Caramel
Stamps: Beary Special, Beary Special Accessories (available June 5th)
Accessories: Corner Rounder, rhinestones, glitter, crystal effects, liquid pearls, ribbon.

Wow - that was one long post!! Hope you enjoyed these peeks of this awesome stamp set! Because the purchase of this stamp set goes to help this awesome Organization - in order to save costs on manufacturing and to be able to donate even more to this foundation, these sets will have to be trimmed from the sheet of rubber.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the Beary Awesome ;) creations from my fellow Design Team members:


Donna Baker
Jodi Collins
Jen del Muro
Dawn Easton
Laura Fredrickson
Karen Giron
Charmaine Ikach
Denise Marzec
Karen Motz

Laurie Schmidlin
Ana Wohlfahrt

and of course: Taylor VanBruggen

Don't forget to stop in tomorrow for some more sneak peeks!! And tomorrow's are extra sweeeeeeeeeet!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs!
Sankari :)

33 comments:

Nancy said...

OMG! Sankari, I'm speechless! You've taken this set and given it love. Thanks so much!
~Nancy

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my GOODNESS, girl...these are FANNNNNNNN-TASTIC! Your talent blows my mind!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful, amazing, overwhelming! How do you do so much so beautifully?? I'm in awe girl! These are all over the top fabulous!

wendyp said...

Wow! You've been busy! All your work is absolutely adorable!!!

Taylor said...

No way!! I just don't know what to say! There is so much fabulousness to comment on! I especially loved the scrapbook page with your son's bear Harold. What a special keepsake! And that truck!? So totally adorable! Love, love, love all of your creations!

Karen Giron said...

Oh seriously Sankari, can your cards and projects be ANY cuter!? These are so precious!! Love all the colors and texture - you ROCK!!

Regan said...

I love it..and your sneaks...wow

Is Nancy not amazing???

AUsome mom said...

WOW! So many fabulous creations here!! You are soooo talented and I love popping in to see what you've done next :) And more tomorrow?! Incredible.

Jami said...

*THUD*




*speechless*

Karen Motz said...

GASP!!!!! I'm completely speechless...in a very good way!!! LOVE that scrapbook page!!!! Everything is SO fabulous though!!!

Jen del Muro said...

Holey Moley girl!! You rocked this set...over and over again!! Love love love your creations!

Melody said...

Wow, you are so talented and creative! I love all your projects!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - did you get any sleep the last few days - LOL??? These projects are FANTASTIC!!! WOW - WOW - WOW - love each and everyone!!!

You are rockin'this Set!!! Hugs ~S~

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

WOW, Sankari! These are all just fabulous! I just can't even believe how amazing. . .you totally outdid yourself here! You go girl!

Ann said...

Oh my flippin' word, Sankari, you ROCK!!! These creations are simply out of this world fabulous! The baby shower stuff is the CUTEST!!!!

Carol Dunstan said...

good grief woman, have you slept at all this week??? Not only have you made a stack of projects, but they are all beautiful and fabulous! Amazing stuff!

Donna Baker said...

WHOA, Nelly! that was a long post but worth every second! each one of your projects is so special! I ADORE them all & have a hard time picking a favorite, that is until you pulled out all stops & shared your son & Harold! that was super sweet!! HOW do you do it all? Do you not sleep!?the truck was so over the top too - going to have to make one of those some day!!

Dawn said...

these are all just stunning... your talent and creativity just continue to amaze me! You are wonderful!!!

Nicki (CSS) said...

You did beautiful job Sankari - especially love what you did with the truck template. Awesome, awesome projects!

April said...

My Goodness you have been super busy!!! That is a whole weeks worth of sneak peeks. All those projects are just fabulous. I love the scrapbook page. All the cards are awesome. I couldn't even begin to pick a favorite. SUPER JOB!!!!! Can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings. You are a really talented lady.

Jodi Collins said...

Holy CANNOLI girlie! Could you be any more FABULOUS??? Each and every one of these are simply MAGNIFICENT! You ROCK & ROLL sista!!!

CathyRose said...

I know you hear this all the time, but you really are amazingly talented. All the projects are adorable. Loved seeing them!

Dawn Easton said...

Holy smokes girl...you totally rocked this new set!!! All of your projects are absolutely amazing!! I love liquid pearls too ;)

Jackie Pedro said...

This is truly a THUD moment! Each project you made with this adorable set is out of this world!!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Oh my, made with love, my busy girl. The scrapbook page, wow. The cards, wow. Honestly, just incredible.

Gwen said...

Oh my gosh!! are you super creater or something!!! these are some of the most amazing creations I have see in a long time!!! can't stop looking at them!!!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Sankari, you are absolutely amazing!! There truly isn't enough wonderful adjectives to describe your artwork! Just know that I am completely blown away!!!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

WOW!! You are so talented!! I love all the projects!!

michib said...

All your creations are absolutely amazing!!

Brooke S said...

More YUMMY goodness...

"J" and Harold" so cute....
AMAZING BEARS...

Hugs
Brooke

Tlbran said...

Your cards are fabulous! I love that cute little teddy bear!

Naomi said...

YOWZERS!!! I think I like the new bears even better than the cupcakes, and that speaks volumes! The bear in the truck??? WOW! You are nothing short of a paper genius!

Anonymous said...

These projects are adorable. Whomever receives them is surely receiving a heartfelt gift.