Monday, June 29, 2009

White Holiday Card Challenge - Let it Snow :)


Happy Monday Morning Everyone :)

I am psyched to be the hostess this week for the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog! So in thinking of what to do for the challenge - I thought that maybe we could try to do a Christmas card or holiday card that is a white on white kind of card - of course its nice to have a little color - but something that is mostly white. 
So for my card today - I used the sketch that Susanna Boyd
has created for the Saturday weekly sketch challenge over at Paper Craft Planet (if you are playing along with the sketch - use the tag word: sk062709  which is the date this last saturday - and if you are playing with the white holiday card challenge from the Christmas Stampin All Year Long group- then the tagword is CSAYL) - or you can do both challenges in one :)

So here is my quickie "Let it Snow" card - the two side panels are embossed and the the one in the middle is white with silver embossing (paper company) - it was somehow cooling to make an all white card in June where it is s-w-e-l-t-e-r-i-n-g hot!


Card Details:
Paper: Paper Company - silver embossing
Ink: Bordering Blue from SU!
Accessories: Circle punches from Creative Memories, ribbon threader, ribbon from Ofray, Martha Stewart snowflake and pearls and liquid pearls (its an addiction :)

Hope you have a chance to play along with the challenges - I have to say - I am really psyched to get a handle on the Christmas card thing this year :) woo-hoOO! :) Please check out the Christmas Stampin All Year Long blog to see the beautiful works by my teamates and check out the gallery of the sketch for this week over at Paper Craft Planet!

Sorry for the quick post - this last week has been quite busy and this week looks like it might be more! Hope you are all doing well! 

Happy Monday!
hugs :)
Sankari :)

19 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great card! This was a tough one for me, but I love what I finally came up with. Ü

Marcia said...

Great card!

Radha said...

So sweet, white is my fav!

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful!! I love the center panel. It is so pretty and elegant.

Ann said...

Woooo, gorgeous!

Louise F NZ said...

Ohhhh, beautiful card Sankari, I LOVE the liquid pearls.

Cathy said...

This is really pretty!! Great challenge this week! Love your card!

Hugs,Cathy

Tlbran said...

Beautiful card! I love the snowflakes! What a great theme, white on white!

Leonie said...

Wow! Gorgeous!

AUsome mom said...

Stunning....just stunning! I have such a hard time with white cards, but this gives me hope :)

Tina said...

sankari

once again a fantastic challenge - thanks for hosting and might I add that this is a most beautiful card...love the dimension.

gale said...

What a pretty card! Love all those details and the white is so pretty.

Traveling Mama said...

This is GORGEOUS as always! I'm getting ready to start a Traveler's Challenge over at Travelingmama tomorrow where we will be inspired by each others travel photos. I'd love it if you submitted some of your photos and played along!
Hope to see you there!
Hugs from Morocco,
Tina

Maria said...

Hi Sankari! I'm sorry I'm behind on my commenting! Ugggh! Life is so busy and we're heading to Disneyland tomorrow for a few days!

My goodness, your card is just gorgeous! I love all the details and you come with such creative elements. I just love looking at your cards. Everything about your card is fantastic!!

I love the challenges that you've come up with. . .it's been fun! Thank you for being a great hostess!

Maria

Shari said...

I love this Sankari. So beautiful and different from the norm.

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful card, once again! Love the white on white and the dint things going on the panels!

Donna Baker said...

this is gorgeous! I love the crisp white, it's so elegant

Dawn said...

this is just soooo pretty! What a nice cool card...beautiful work!

CathyRose said...

Gorgeous, Sankari, just beautiful!