Monday, June 8, 2009

Buttons and Ribbons Holiday Card Challenge

Happy Monday Morning,

Hope you had a great weekend! We had a fun weekend going to some grad parties and bday parties - and that means that the festivities of June are in full gear!! Which also means its halfway to Christmas :) I am happy that I am part of the Christmas Stampin All Year Long group where we create a card every week - so that Christmas isn't too stressful with holiday card making :) 

This week's challenge was to have fun with ribbons and buttons :) How fun is that? I love this craft stamp that I got from JanLynn.com called Joyful Trees designed by the artist Tara Reed. It is such a fun group of trees. I paper pieced them with different scraps of greens that are still on my table from this week's projects that I hadn't cleaned up yet :) and after paper piecing the trees, scalloped some snow edging and added clear buttons fro snowflakes and big green bow to the center. 
And with that ribbon, CLEARLY - this is a card that needs to handed to another in person and not arrived squished and smushed in the mail - lol!

I took this pic at night - so I will have to retake things in the morning light :)
Hope you are all doing great! And will join us as we try to make the holidays less stressful with card making and more enjoyable with spending time in holiday making merriment :)

Check out the rest of the awesome bows and buttons creations at the Christmas Stampin Year Long blog!

Thanks for visiting my little corner :)
Hugs, 
Sankari :)

16 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Absolutely STUNNING Sankari!!! Beautiful. And a BIG congratulations on your TOP 30 for the 2S4Y contest. Your card was gorgeous for that one too. Well... your cards are ALWAYS beautiful.

xx SJK

AUsome mom said...

Oh, it's beautiful! I love those trees and the paper you used is divine! Great job!

Vicki G said...

This is absolutely BREATHTAKING!!!!

WOW!!!!!!! Sankari...........WOW!!!!

Patricia Chalas said...

What a lovely card!!! nice bow... Like a lot your work!!

Yvette said...

What an amazing card! LOVE it!!! :)

Naomi said...

I love this! Super elegant holiday card! I need to take some inspiration from you and get started on them myself! Love the trees!

scubasubie said...

WOW i love that card!!!! Those trees and the ribbon! COOL!

inlovestamping said...

Beautiful card!! I love the layers and the trees and buttons...just a wonderful card!

Margaret de Witt said...

Super cute and fun Sankari. I really like the tree image.

Maria said...

Hey Sankari!! Wow! Your card is gorgeous, girl! I love it! The trees are beautiful and I love how you dressed them up! The colors are fantastic too! You make such pretty cards. I'm always in awe of your beautiful cards!

Yup, it's going to be a busy month of parties and such. I'm getting ready for my daughter's party too! She's graduating this year. I can't believe it! June has been a crazy hectic month and I can see July being busy too but after that. . .well, I'm hoping for a great summer break. I need it!

Hope you have a wonderful Monday, Sankari!! I'll talk to you soon!

Maria

Saskia said...

Beautiful card! Your work is so unique and creative!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Ashley Newell said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUS!

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful Sankari! That ribbon is just amazing!

Traveling Mama said...

Very cute! And congrats and getting chosen for 2sketches! Yeah!

wendyp said...

Sankari, this is GORGEOUS! Love all those trees!

Tlbran said...

Fabulous card! Love the trees you paper pierced! Love how you placed the buttons and that gorgeous ribbon!