Friday, June 26, 2009

Musings from my Closet (oh - and some stamping too :)

Good Morning Everyone,

So, I saw that Julee is having her Verve Sketch challenge (5 sketches) to celebrate her June release of stamps and I had to join - as of yesterday evening, I had planned not to -because of all the things that I have to do - but then I decided last evening that I just had to... I couldn't pass up this challenge :) So here are my 5 cards for the Verve challenge all done in my closet (we are having guests and my craft corner had to come down).

Since my closet is on the teeny side - I grabbed my June 20th Key Ingredients pack (which has all the ribbons and paper, etc), a craft tote, my fave stamps, and 1 spellbinders dies, my Big Shot and sat and crafted on the floor. I was determined to make 5 cards in 2 hours... and it took a little longer (like 45 minutes longer - but that's because of point number 3 in my list below:)

So here are the musings and lessons learned from crafting in my closet:
1. don't sit next to the dirty hamper
2. make sure to stretch every 20 minutes - otherwise 3 hours later - you will hear creaks from the knees
3. don't try on clothes from college days when you are taking a break and then get depressed that things just don't fit the way they used to.... because it will lead to point #4
4. don't stash a secret stash of yum-yum's in your closet that you will reach for after getting depressed after trying on clothes that don't fit from your college days...
5. wonder if clothes really matter - maybe the whole closet can be transformed into a stamp space :)

Anyhooo - after all the musings - here are the 5 cards all using the June 20th Key Ingredients for Julee's Verve Sketch challenge:

Here is the first card from the first Verve sketch that is also doubling as the Mojo MOnday 92 sketch:  The stamps set is the Hundred Hearts set from Verve.

Here is the second card from this same stamp set and papers set using the second sketch challenge:
Here is the third card based on the third sketch using the Faith and Hope stamp set from Taylored Expressions and the June 20th Key Ingredients set. 

Here is the fourth card based on the fourth sketch and it uses the Wishful Elegance flower from Verve, the June 20th Key Ingredients and a button from the Summer Bag o Buttons from Taylored Expressions.

And here is the last card using the little Critter that I have named Harold holding a cupcake for the last Verve Sketch. This little guy just cracks me up everytime I stamp him (or in this case - paper piece him :)


Well, I am psyched to have finished all five - and now am going to clean up the scraps from my closet floor :) and also go and make a chiropractic appointment for my back after all this closet scrapping!

Thank you so much for visiting me today :) 
Big Hugs,
Sankari :)

PS - thank you for all of you for your sympathy for the crashing of my computer... well - its official - its all gone and can't be salvaged - so make sure you guys are saving things on back ups of back ups! I am just going to try to be positive about this whole experience...

PPS - Happy Friday!

13 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful cards, Sankari! You have me cracking up at your "musings!" ;)

Denise said...

All very beautiful cards! :)

Martha said...

These cards are beautiful!!!!!
Have a nice weekend :)

Carol Dunstan said...

too funny! And I can't believe you did all that in nearly 3 hours, even with the interuptions, they are great!!!

April said...

GORGEOUS CARDS!!! I can't believe you got that done so quickly!!! The kids must've been asleep already... No one would let you play on the floor with all that gorgeous paper!!! Alone!!! Great job!!!!

AUsome mom said...

Are you kidding me?! You did all of these in a closet?! OMG! As we say in the South..."You ain't right"! Five more amazing cards from the 'closet crafter' and may I say that these are as good as you do 'out of the closet' :)
Now....about those yummy's you're hiding in there......

Carly said...

Wow, all 5 cards are just gorgeous! And I can't believe you created them in your closet!! Fabulous creations!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Brilliant!!!! You and your cards...just BRILLIANT!!!!

You definately gave me a well needed giggle Sankari. I think it's clever that you actually did have a stash of Yummy's in your closet for the 'just in case' moment that you did choose to go ahead with #4. hahahaha.

Oh and I'm so sorry about your computer, shame we need them isn't it!!!!
xx SJK

Ineke said...

Hi, you have made some wonderfull cards. Very nice colors and stamps. Have a nice weekend. Ineke

Saskia said...

So creative!!!! Beautiful cards!

Saskia :)

Unknown said...

I thought about moving my work area into my closet, but it just won't fit in that teeny-tiny space. Hey, we still have to trade pics of our craft space.

Your cards are so fabulous -- like you. They are beautiful! Sorry about your computer.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards. And #5 totally cracked me up. I agree! LOL

Radha said...

They are all amazing:)
Great!!!
I love them!