Thursday, June 4, 2009

Taylored Expressions - Day Two of Sneak Peeks!!!


Good Morning Everyone,

Its Day 2 of Sneak Peeks over at Taylored Expressions and can I just tell you that I am in cupcake wonderland!! Today's sneak peeks come from the set called For the Love of Cupcakes that will be available tomorrow June 5, at 8am PST over at the Taylored Expressions store! Seriously - this set is beyond sweet - I had so much fun creating some samples - it was hard to stop :)

Along with this sweet stamp set - Taylor is releasing a coordinating Cupcake Key Ingredients set! The Key Ingredients will include cardstock, coordinating designer paper, brads, glitter, ribbon - all in one place and there are so many quantities of each included that it is easy to make a ton of cards from one Key Ingredients packet!

1. Blingy Cupcake Birthday Cards
I love all the different cupcake options in this set and couldn't wait to ink them up! I used a previous sketch from Taylor to create this little birthday card - I love the sentiment: "Wishing you a birthday filled with cupcakes!" Who doesn't want that!!! The little cupcake brad in the bottom is so delcious :) - I added a little bling and some liquid pearls (I can't help it - I think i am addicted to them :) and finished the card of with a bow from the Key Ingredients set. All the pieces of the card are paper pieced from papers from the Key Ingredients package.


I love the candle stamp in this set - and had fun stamping and cutting them out and adherring them onto the card. I made a second card - simillar to this one using the same elements - and used Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch #89 for this card. I love the brads that come with the Cupcake Key Ingredients - the little ice-cream brad on the bottom is my favorite :)

Here is a close up of the plate of cupcakes - I added a little crystal effect to create a glass like look - here is a closer peek at that:



2. Quick Birthday Card Set:

Have you ever needed just a quick birthday card? I always feel like I can never keep my birthday card drawer fully stocked and June is a busy month for us - full of birthdays and so I needed to renew my birthday card supply. I decided to make a little set of birthday cards using the Key Ingredients papers and For the Love of Cupcake Stamps. I loved my fellow DT member Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch and so I used the same sketch to make all 4 of these cards.

I love the papers in this Cupcake Key Ingredients set - they are so fun and festive and make creating cards so easy. Here is the first two cards in this set of four:




for a little embellishment, I created little quilled circles and filled it with a little rhinestone bling - here is a close up peek of the little quilled embellies:


3. Happy 29th Cupcake Birhday

Today is my friend's birthday (Happy Birthday D!!!) She is turning 29 (again ;) and I made a her a little yummy birthday card filled with stacked cupcakes! I really LOVE this particular cupcake image - it is just so delcious! I used Taylor's Friday Cupcake Challenge #70 for this card:

I used some liquid pearls for the frosting on the cupcakes and then covered it with liquid glass.

On the inside of the card I stacked up some cupcakes (paper pieced and liquid pearls for frosting - (totally inspired by Laurie Schmidlin's stacked birthday presents from her sneak peek yesterday) and stamped the number 29 and adhered it on top (I LOVE that there are numbered candle stamps in this set!!!).



4. Cupcake Die Cut Card:
Taylor has these awesome Cupcake Die Cuts that are so versatile in what you can create with them. You could create one to hold a gift certificate or even just a birthday message. I ran the die cut through with a sprinkled embossing folder and then on the inside created a happy birthday message using the word cupcake from a set of glittered sheets (also I sprinkled some glitter on the cherry). I LOVE how quick this was to assemble!

You could write a message on the bottom or even add a little gift card to it and it becomes both a card and a present :)
----------------

I love all the options that are included in this set and the Cupcake Key Ingredients - I have so much more supplies left over to make some more cupcake yumminess! Good thing too because there are still a lot of birthday cards to make before June is over :) Here is the skinny on an awesome packet of goodies that Taylor will be releasing tomorrow - this is the Cupcake Bundle! It is packet with yumminess!



Don't forget to check out the fantastic creations of my fellow Design Team members - some of us will be featuring another new set that will also be released tomorrow called the Beach Bum set! Don't want to miss that!!!

Donna Baker
Jodi Collins
Jen del Muro
Dawn Easton
Laura Fredrickson
Karen Giron
Charmaine Ikach
Denise Marzec
Karen Motz

Laurie Schmidlin
Ana Wohlfahrt

and of course: Taylor VanBruggen


Don't forget to stop in tomorrow for some more sneak peeks of TWO more sets that will be released tomorrow!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs!
Sankari :)

24 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Sankari, you are just a stamping maniac! WOW of WOW! Love all the bling, the set of cards the amazing details. You blow me away with all your creative genius! Love them all!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Ok...W*O*W is all that comes to mind!! You literally have knocked my socks clear off!! I don't even know where to start...but I will just say that there isn't one card that I didn't adore! You put so much detail and love into each one...I am soooo impressed!

Hugs, Laurie

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my WORRRRRRRRD, girl, you've been INCREDIBLY busy! The glass-like look on the cupcake cover, the frosting, the color combos....it's all OUTTA THIS WORLD FANTASTIC!!

Taylor said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy!!! I agree with Laura... you're a stamping maniac! Where do you come up with so many wonderul ideas!? I need to tap into some of your energy because I'm drained! lol Love all of the details in each of your projects... my fav is the cupcake die cut card! :)

America said...

These are absolutely fabulous in every detail and design. Love hte happy results with so much eye candy!!! Great colors & elements! TFS

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

Super adorable!! I love glass cupcake cover!!

Karen Motz said...

Wow Sankari...you've been busy! All your projects are wonderful. I really like how you sponged the edges of the cardstock for a little more vintage look...it's REALLY cool! And your details...girl you ROCK details!!!

AUsome mom said...

Incredible!! Each and every one is just incredible!!

Ann said...

WOW!!!! Sankari, you just blow me away with your amazing talent! Although I'm not sure if I want to bake or craft now...LOL!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi again :) - each and everyone of your birthday cards are super cute!!! You are rockin' Taylor's stamps!!! Fab take on all the Sketches!!! Hugs ~S~

Carol Dunstan said...

WOW. That's about all I can say. WOW. An amazing job again, such attention to detail!

Two Happy Stampers said...

My goodness, you have been BUSY!! =D All your cards are wonderful and the cupcakes are very cute! TFS!

April said...

Awesome sneak peeks today. Once again you have outdone yourself. That is alot of cards you created and they are all gorgeous!!!! SUPER ADORABLE...

Karen Giron said...

Wow, I am in LOVE with these cards - all your detail and quilled embellishments, amazing!! You are awesome!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

WOW WOW WOW, Sankari! These are just fabulous and YOU are incredible!

Anthonette said...

Wow, Sankari...you are so creative, my dear! Love all your yummy creative details, like the quilling around the rhinestones and the Crystal Effects.

Jodi Collins said...

How AMAZING you are Sankari! Seriously, I don't even know where to start! How do you find the time and the IDEAS? Sheesh girl...I need to come and hang out with you! Each and every creation has such WONDERFUL details! WOW WOW WOW!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Far OUT!!!!! I'm absolutely gobsmacked!!!! Look at all of these BEAUTIFUL cards.... I think you've been on a frenzy!!! Sankari... they are all just gorgeous, delicious and yummy!!!! Oh and your new Blog Banner is just lovely too.. Gosh you've been BUSY!.

xx SJK

Tenia Nelson said...

Wow....girlie...you have been super busy!!! Those cards are super awesome!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

WOWZERS again today girl! Your projects are all FANTASTIC! WHEN do you find time to do all this...I love them all but I especially love how you added CE to make a glass lid....that looks so cool!

Margaret de Witt said...

Wow Sankari, Every time I pop over to your blog I am blown away by your talent. Your creations are absolutely stunning and inspiring.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

gale said...

Those are sooo cute!! I love them all-I can't pick. I do want to know, though (and this is probably so basic but I can't figure it out) how you ink your edges so nicely. Mine come out all choppy and uneven. Please share!

Donna Baker said...

whoa, GF! these are just DELICIOUS creations!!

Naomi said...

Cupcakes, cupcakes, everywhere!!! The texture and detail are amazing!!! You have done more stamping in a month than I get to in a few months! Each one of these is just perfect!