Friday, June 5, 2009

Taylored Expressions JUNE Release DAY!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

Well - today is the day Taylor is releasing 5 new stamp sets over at Taylored Expressions.
I am so excited to show you a peek of two of those sets, one called: Beach Bum and the next called Faith and Hope. I love these sets - its hard to not to ink up all the images because they are all so awesome :)

Beach Bum Stamp Set

This set that Taylor is releasing is the perfect summer set - seriously awesome! And she has a whole set of Beach Bum Key Ingredients to go with it! (The Key Ingredients include, cardstock, coordinating design paper, awesome brads, matching ribbons - there are a ton of product in each Key Ingredient set - so that you can make a ton of cards from one coordinating set!)

Okay - I had a BALL making this card - I was totally giggling the whole time making it -- LOL because it is all about a cupcake dreaming that he is a surfer... hahaha! It was so much fun to use these adorable stamps!! And a cuppie surfing!!! Are You kidding me!! LOVE IT!! I couldn't decide which one to use (a cuppie sunbathing or a cuppie surfing) so I decided to combine it and use the sentiment "California Dreamin" and suddenly, i have that song stuck in my head! :)


All of cuppie's "bathing trunks" (lol!) are paper pieced, as is his surfboard with papers from the Beach Bum Key Ingredients. I cut up the waves that surfer cuppie is going through and popped it on dimensionals for a more "wave tunnel" look - and then painted on some liquid pearls for a more wave foamy look. The waves on the beach are from tearing the cardstock like waves and then layering them and then covering it with liquid pearl foam :). I am SO ready for summer after working with this set! After the winter we have had here, I am ready for some summer heat!!

Faith and Hope

This stamp set called Faith and Hope is the first stamp set in a brand new collection of stamps sets from Taylored Expressions called: Lasting Impressions. I love these beautiful sentiments in this set - and they are perfect for bringing some sunshine to the lives of those around us - whether people are going through a hard time - or - whether they just need an upliftment of the spirit. I had a wonderful experience using these stamps to create some projects for my family and friends.


1. A Scrapbook page for my Father

As soon as I saw one of the sentiments in this awesome stamp set was a quote for Tagore - I got kind of emotional. Rabindranath Tagore is one of India's most famous poets. The Indian National Anthem was composed by him and in 1913 he received the Nobel Prize in Literature for his visionary works of poetry. My father used to quote to me the very sentiment that is on this awesome new stamp set by Tagore ever since I was a little girl ( Faith is the bird that sings when when the dawn is still dark). And so I wanted to make something for him... so I decided to make a little scrapbook page that I am excited to give him when he visits us in a couple of weeks! This is a 6x6 page that fits perfectly in the calendar stand that is available at Taylored Expressions - I love making a page and then immediately displaying it in the house :)


This photo is a photo of the hands of my two children and myself in the middle. It was actually an accident of a photo because I was trying to take a picture to see whose fingers they have, my husband's or mine (lol!) and it ended up being more shadowy - but I kinda of liked it. I knew right away that I wanted to use this photo for my dad's scrapbook page. It reminded me of reaching for the light and through any dark period in your life - knowing that the dawn is approaching.

I used the paper from the Prudence collection from Taylored Expressions. I also used the Branching Out Stamp set from TE and the Branching Out Coordiantes set. I LOVE this stamp set - and it was just so perfect to use it with this quote. This sentiment still guides me - it has guided me through some uncertain times in my life and it brings me hope when things are rough and unsettled. I feel this quote in my heart. And it was so healing to create this page with this sentiment for my father - he is my rock, my teacher and my best friend.

2. Faith can Move Mountains

I loved this sentiment: Faith can move Mountains - it just shows the power of what is possible with faith - and I immediately had a vision of a quiet moutain scape.

I tore some different brown papers to create a mountain and scalloped some green papers from my scrap stash for some flowing waves of grass. I ran the cardstock through my Spellbinders tags and stamped and sponged and liquid pearled the sentiment tag and finished it with some coppery shimmery ribbon. I love how this card ended up coming out - it's always so nice when cards come together easily :)

3. Miracles:

I love this sentiment: "Out of difficulties grow miracles" - it is such a wonderful and versatile sentiment that can be used with so many images and for so many different occaisions. I wanted to keep it clean and simple - so I kept most of it white. I used the flowers from Taylor's Fresh Flower's Stamp set. I colored it in with my prismas and added a touch of bling.

I used my Spellbinders tag and then sponged and added some fruit punch organdy ribbon to both ends. I love how simple it was and it is a great card to have in your card supply to send someone who needs a little cheering up!

4. Graduation Present: Bag with Uplifting Sentiments

All of these sentiments in this set are just simply beautiful and uplifting. I wanted to make a little something for our cousin's neice who is graduating from highschool next weekend - a little bag of sentiments of faith and hope that she can pull out anytime. As she begins her new journey to college - this is just a simple little bag of sentiments to cheer her up on days when she is feeling uncertain of the future.

This bag is a template from a K & Company set and I added some of the flowers from the Fresh Flowers stamp set along with the different ribbons from Taylored Expressions.

I stamped the sentiments from this beautiful set Faith and Hope and then attached it with some ribbon that she can pull out and have a quick read anytime she wants :) I hope she enjoys it - it was so wonderful to create a personalized gift for someone. :)

These past few days have been so much fun to show samples from these wonderful stamp sets! I really had so much fun - and couldn't really stop inking them all up :) Taylor is offering an awesome deal for a way to have all these stamp sets in her Stamp Lover's Package (and it comes with a free Binder Box - which is a great way to store all these great stamps!).

Don't forget to check out the fantastic creations of my fellow Design Team members!

Donna Baker
Jodi Collins
Jen del Muro
Dawn Easton
Laura Fredrickson
Karen Giron
Charmaine Ikach
Denise Marzec
Karen Motz

Laurie Schmidlin
Ana Wohlfahrt

and of course: Taylor VanBruggen


And hop on over to the Taylored Expressions Store - where everything that you have been seeing for the last three days are available for purchase!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs!
Sankari :)

22 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

I think I am really speechless this time...Sankari, you are truly one of the most creative people that I *know*! Each of these creations makes me sigh with wonder!! I love them all but I must tell you that the scrapbook page for your Father is simply amazing and I LOVE the picture of your hands...what a beautiful gift for him (you make me tear up a bit at work with this one!). My other favorite has to be your mountain card. That is out of this WORLD! You are a rockstar gf! WOW!!!

Nellie Mae said...

Wow! Sankari, you have been busy! I LOVE the cuppie 'California dreamin' that is an amazing card.

I must admit, I got a little choked up when I read about the quote and picture for your dad. That picture is beautiful and perfect for that quote.

Great work, you have such a beautiful and unique style. You are a wonderful inspiration. Thanks for sharing your creativity and beauty with the world!!

Karen Motz said...

Oh My Word...you've left me speechless yet again. FABULOUS creations!!!! I think my fave is the Cuppie card. The waves you created are so realistic and putting the surfing cuppie in a thought bubble is brilliant!!!

Karen Giron said...

Oh Sankari, I would just LOVE to be a fly on the wall in your craft room. My goodness!! These are just stunning with all the layers and texture and depth. Wow!!! Your father will love this scrapbook page too - what a very thoughtful page and the picture of all of your hands is very cool!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

WOW...WOW...WOW!! You blow me away! These are all stunning!

dpkennedy said...

Oh that Faith card is fantastic! You work is just wonderful!!

Jami said...

How on earth do you do it girlie??? Wowzas! You have creativity coming our your pores! Amazing stuff!!

Brooke S said...

OH MY WORD you have been busy.... I should have just called you last night. What was I thinking it was to late...

Where do I start... AMAZING.. as always.. You always have such great color combination... The Waves adorable Liquid Pearls imagine that...

Faith and Hope melt my heart what a sweet story. Love the scallop hills and the little squirrel.

The mountains would move because the card is so amazing.. You are always so good at creating depth.

Miracles so perfect.. What a great sentiment.. I love that you keep the card so clean and simple it helps you really get the beauty and the power of healing...

The Grad purse..
Shut up. How cute is that... I love all the detail.. What amazing color.. Orange and pink baby my fav.. I would never give this away I would just want to look at it and enjoy every little detail...

YOU ROCK!

HUGS
Brooke

Brooke S said...

Oh me again...

I forgot to tell you I love the new blog.. KA UTE! so Sunny and Cupcakie!

Denise Marzec said...

You, my friend, have been one INCREDIBLY busy girl lately! Not only did you make so many projects for the sneak peek week, but they're all just SUPER AMAZING. AWESOME, girl....AWESOME, I tell ya!

Jen del Muro said...

incredible creations, girl!!! you never cease to amaze me!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

I'm just overwhelmed! Love your Beach Bum card with the white caps...too fun, and your Faith and Hope samples are all just amazing! Love the picture of the hands...what a wonderful page!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness! You totally rocked all these cards and projects....you are AMAZING!!! I LOVE them all....you are such an inspiration!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

OMG!!!!!Can I PLEASE have some of your MOJO???? Pretty Pretty PLEASE!!!! YOu are a machine at the moment... a lovely machine mind you!!!... Sankari... these are ALL fabulous... I ADORE that scrap page, and the photo is truly gorgeous... PERFECTION!!!... and that mountain card... OMG.... I'm speechless.

BRILLIANT!!!

xx SJK

gale said...

Holy cow! That is a lot of projects and they all came out so great! Love that first card especially. I love that song too and have it in my head now. lol

Tanya said...

WOW. Everything you made is just amazing. I really love the page for your dad. That's just wonderful. And what a cool photo!!!

April said...

Another day of great creations!!!!! Those projects are out of this world. I love every single one of them...

Donna Baker said...

WOW - I am really in awe of you, not sure how you do all you do, with each sample having so much meaning and its execution of it perfection! the one with the hands picture is so touching, I'm sure your father will be moved to tears, how precious! I adore the beach bum scene, the mountains card is awesome & the purse with inspirational quotes just fabulous. You, my friend are just TOPS in my book!!

Tlbran said...

WOW! These are all so cute! I love the beach cuppies! And what a great scrap page with your kids and your hands! You are so creative!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are absolutely INCREDIBLE, Sankari! WOW! I just don't even know what else to say! You are truly fabulous girl!

Naomi said...

Oh my word! I have no idea which one to comment on or what to say about any of them. You are the most talented person I have ever seen!

michib said...

Wow!! is all I can say!
I linked over to your blog from Taylored Expressions, and I am absolutely hooked. The different projects and ways you use the stamps is absolutely amazing, I am in complete awe. Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration.